ACN Latitudes Forums

Today Show Girl Sneezing

mommyof2

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The doctor on the show does propose that its more like a tic. that is definitely not a sneeze, no offense, but I found it annoying that they kept saying it was a sneeze. and they went to a bunch of doctors in just two weeks? it sounds like its been more than two weeks for them to have gone to a whole lot of doctors and a hypnotist? I think you have to give whatever your doing a little more time than that. And more annoying, is that NO doctor has told them its a tic? they had to come on tv for someone to tell them that? forgive me for sounding callous, but something is fishy here. Why would you go on a morning news show to say your daughter can't stop sneezing when its so obvious it is not a real sneeze? its a tic that sounds like a sneeze, just like a vocal cough tic. If she was blinking, would they put that on tv, "they boy who can't stop blinking"? ..... maybe I'm just in a bad mood... :ph34r:

They don't mention if she had any recent flu shot or vaccination. that's my bet.

Faith

I get the feeling that the family is in denial that her daughter has a tic. It is pretty obvious that she was not sneezing out from her nose. I can't believe all the dr. did not see that!!!

I hope the girl gets some help & relieve!

Yes, i also wonder if you had a recent flu shot or H1N1?

Pat

FYI...there are a couple of threads on this girl on the PANDAS forum

http://www.latitudes.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=5912

http://www.latitudes.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=5913

I think they mentioned somewhere that she was sick b-4 this started? They are looking into PANDAS as a possible cause of her tics.

I get the feeling that the family is in denial that her daughter has a tic.

Either that....or they were at some REALLY incompetent neurologists! They did mention in the clip that she had been to a bunch of doctors...including neurologists...and,...yeah...no where was "tic" mentioned til the TV doctor mentioned it....

Will be interesting to see how it turns out...

You would have thought the neurologist would have wanted to try some big guns psychotropics on her....??.....they used to use thorazine for intractable hiccups (I think they still do!)....

They don't mention if she had any recent flu shot or vaccination. that's my bet.

just to update (and yea, for bragging rights, lol).....the mom of this girl has confirmed that her daugher did have the Dtap and GARDICIL vaccine in the last 6 months..... :huh:

Faith

The doctor on the show does propose that its more like a tic. that is definitely not a sneeze, no offense, but I found it annoying that they kept saying it was a sneeze. and they went to a bunch of doctors in just two weeks? it sounds like its been more than two weeks for them to have gone to a whole lot of doctors and a hypnotist? I think you have to give whatever your doing a little more time than that. And more annoying, is that NO doctor has told them its a tic? they had to come on tv for someone to tell them that? forgive me for sounding callous, but something is fishy here. Why would you go on a morning news show to say your daughter can't stop sneezing when its so obvious it is not a real sneeze? its a tic that sounds like a sneeze, just like a vocal cough tic. If she was blinking, would they put that on tv, "they boy who can't stop blinking"? ..... maybe I'm just in a bad mood... :angry:

Faith

Why would be in denial that our daughter has a tick? Her tick actually started as a real productive sneeze and had evolved into a tic that comes from her mouth and nose.

I get the feeling that the family is in denial that her daughter has a tic. It is pretty obvious that she was not sneezing out from her nose. I can't believe all the dr. did not see that!!!

I hope the girl gets some help & relieve!

Yes, i also wonder if you had a recent flu shot or H1N1?

Pat

Welcome Laurenjohnsonmom,

I have read your post on the PANDAS and wanted to thank you for sharing with us what has happened to you DD. I believe your DD could have started out with a real sneeze and it became a tic or OCD type tic. My son and husband say that can happen to them. Well my husband does not have tics anymore but he remembers the tic became something like a habit forming tic.

I wanted to bring up the shots with you. My son at 12yo was given 2 vaccines in one day they were the TDAP and Meningococcal. 6 weeks later he was screaming every second. If you read about the PANDAS/PITANDS I believe the PITANDS could be caused by vaccines. I really don't know much about it I find the whole thing hard to understand the difference between the two.

I don't know where you are from but I live in VA and on our local news a few weeks back there is a lady in Northern VA who I believe was a very healthy twentysomething yo woman training to become a cheerleader and she was given the flu shot, and now she can't talk or walk very good. You could google her I think it was Ashburn VA maybe the story is still somewhere to be seen. I really feel after seeing her story these shot are not good for our kids, I know some can take them with no problems but others it does a number on them. Since we have a history of TS in my husband's family I feel this is what sent my son over the edge. I think he would have had some kind of tics, but maybe they would not have been as bad as they were.

I really hope you find some help and you could share what you have learned, and maybe this has brought this out in the open more now that your dd was on TV.

BTW my son is now 16yo and is doing much better he still has vocals but they are not very loud anymore. I hope this helps give you hope that she may slow down or stop the sneezing.

God Bless,

CP

very upsetting video. What was really awful, various medical professionals were saying that this was all in her head. Other's have said that it was all an act.

The Utube video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ja7lCIp04YY

Schroll down and play video. Then be sure to listen to the interview with Dr. Buttar, located right above the video

http://blogs.healthfreedomalliance.org/blo...ad-to-recovery/

Thank you, Kim, for posting that. I just want to cry every time I see her story. I think that is just how shocked we ALL feel when we see our child change over night. I don't care what you want to call it PANDAS/Tics/OCD we suffer with our child no matter what it is.

Something has to be done to look into vaccines/flu shot. The whole thing makes me sick, God help those who know in the Medical field what they are doing to people scaring them into taking these shots.

OK, CP, breath.