ACN Latitudes Forums

Ts and getting sick alot

kimwal

My son ( I think probably has Pandas) however his neurologist does not really believe in this. He is a great neuro at Baylor University in Texas. However I am not so sure. He did have the strep before strong and abrupt tics started. But tics have never gone away completely.

But one of my concerns is that he gets sick alot. I think his immune system is very low. He catches everything that goes around school. And he has had the swine flu too.

What should I do. Just pump him full of vitamins>>> What kind? Just the regular ones? He is almost 16 yrs. weighs 150lbs/

Thanks,

kim

My son ( I think probably has Pandas) however his neurologist does not really believe in this. He is a great neuro at Baylor University in Texas. However I am not so sure. He did have the strep before strong and abrupt tics started. But tics have never gone away completely.

But one of my concerns is that he gets sick alot. I think his immune system is very low. He catches everything that goes around school. And he has had the swine flu too.

What should I do. Just pump him full of vitamins>>> What kind? Just the regular ones? He is almost 16 yrs. weighs 150lbs/

Thanks,

kim

Kim,

Are you in Dallas or Houston?

Linda

You could start with getting his immune levels checked. The IVIG is supposedly what really works well if there's an immune issue as well. Since PANDAS is a clinical diagnosis (there's no magic blood test that confirms for sure) I think everyone of us has had the teeter-totter thoughts of 'IS IT - ISN'T IT'. But we do all know that there are some doctors more convinced of this than others. My son is in the middle of all of this with little improvement so I can't offer anymore than that.

Thanks,

kim