ACN Latitudes Forums

Azith?

Char

I am thinking about upping my son Azith. He is on 250mg a day. His doctor said I can up the Azith to 350mg a day. My son is 8 years old and weighs 67 pounds. I took him to the doctor today and his lungs sound fine. I got them checked because Dr.L wanted me too. Dr.L said my son has not been on the steroids long enough to impact his immune system. So she wants me to continue on with the months steroids. My son stills has the snorting tic amd bad cough. So that is why I am considering upping the Azith. How much can I up it to see if it helps. Thanks for any suggestions. My stomach is still in knots. Does this ever get any easier?? Char..

I am thinking about upping my son Azith. He is on 250mg a day. His doctor said I can up the Azith to 350mg a day. My son is 8 years old and weighs 67 pounds. I took him to the doctor today and his lungs sound fine. I got them checked because Dr.L wanted me too. Dr.L said my son has not been on the steroids long enough to impact his immune system. So she wants me to continue on with the months steroids. My son stills has the snorting tic amd bad cough. So that is why I am considering upping the Azith. How much can I up it to see if it helps. Thanks for any suggestions. My stomach is still in knots. Does this ever get any easier?? Char..

Char, My son is 12 and 95lbs. We were on 250mg a day for over 2 months and I saw improvement, not enough. I decided to go to 375mg a day which I have been giving to him at 750mg every other day. I decided to do the every other day to give his gut an extra day of probiotics. Over the summer we had a relapse that followed diarrhea. So far this has worked. Keeping my fingers crossed. The last two weeks of the higher dose seems to make a difference. We are also on a strict diet because I saw sugar and additives effect the tics as well. Kathy

Char, My son is 12 and 95lbs. We were on 250mg a day for over 2 months and I saw improvement, not enough. I decided to go to 375mg a day which I have been giving to him at 750mg every other day. I decided to do the every other day to give his gut an extra day of probiotics. Over the summer we had a relapse that followed diarrhea. So far this has worked. Keeping my fingers crossed. The last two weeks of the higher dose seems to make a difference. We are also on a strict diet because I saw sugar and additives effect the tics as well. Kathy

Lismom,

Glad to hear upping the Azith is working!! What differences have you seen? Thanks Char..

Lismom,

Glad to hear upping the Azith is working!! What differences have you seen? Thanks Char..

My sons has facial ticcing and when he was at his worse he had a breathing tic and small body twist tic. After three months all is gone about 95%. I really did see a saw tooth recovery and still see a mild facial tic every so often. Nothing anyone would notice. This was not the case months ago. Just so you know, we are also on 50mg of topamax a day. This dose play a role as well. Kathy