ACN Latitudes Forums

blinking obsession

Guest mali

Guest mali

Hello,

I am new here, I would like to tell you some of my o.c.d, and to ask for any pinion as i have been suffering from o.c.d every single moment in my awakness.

I am 29 years old, I suffer from obsessive thought since i remember my self.

In fact nobody knows about that, because i feel ashmed about my thoughts, as i think my mind is busy with stupid thoughts. my problem is that i can't stop thinking about my eye's blinking.

I know its a normal and natural function, but i can't get rid of that, i think about my blinkings every second of my awakness, and i can't bare the fact my eyes are making the same movement over and over again (although i know its nececerly) and it messed up my all life. Its like I'm stuck in this pattern

I was given seroxat 60 m.g per a day, i am doubt it will help me.

now i am depressed, and I hate my self because i am consantrate in such a norml thing, i know that one doesn't need to worry about such a thing, but in my case it's behind my control, and it makes me suffer so badly. I can't explain why. but sometimes I can't stop crying because of that. I know it seems crazy, but thats my problem.

I would like to ask if anyone has ever heard about such an obsessive thought?

sometimes i think i am all alone.

and i would like to ask for a good advice.

all the best

Mali

please forgive my english, as it is not my language, i hope i made my self clear.

best wishes,

[/size]

• 3 weeks later...

I do the same thing about worrying about looking ppl in the eyes, because I make a nervous looking face. I have the hardest time looking ppl in the eyes, and I get depressed really bad about this also. I have social anxiety and i probably wouldnt if I could control my nervous faces. I went to a big church function today with lots of ppl at Oregon State University. I nervously looked at a lot of ppl and avoided a lot of others all together. I keep my faith in God that eventually he will see me through, but believe me I understand negative thoughts can destroy you and are a major work in process to overcome.

hang in there, I get 5htp tomorrow which is exposed to help, although i have never tried it before.

Guest Lauren
I do the same thing about worrying about looking ppl in the eyes, because I make a nervous looking face. I have the hardest time looking ppl in the eyes, and I get depressed really bad about this also. I have social anxiety and i probably wouldnt if I could control my nervous faces. I went to a big church function today with lots of ppl at Oregon State University. I nervously looked at a lot of ppl and avoided a lot of others all together. I keep my faith in God that eventually he will see me through, but believe me I understand negative thoughts can destroy you and are a major work in process to overcome.

hang in there, I get 5htp tomorrow which is exposed to help, although i have never tried it before.

I have the same exact obessesive thought as you.. now I know I am not alone.. I know EXACTLY how you feel. It hurts soo bad to wake up and deal with it... are you going to see a psychiatrist? I am going to do that to see if it will help. I hate the way I feel.. when did this obsession happen to you? I had the obsession for about 2 monthes now. I am so glad I found someone in the world who is going through the same thing as me. I am so embarrased by this too. Please write back I will be happy to listen.

Guest mali

Dear Lauren,

Thank you so much for your post.

I am not sure if you meant to write to me or to shawn (the last masssege)

do yo ualso have the same obsession thoutht about blinking. if so please contect me, I would like to talk to yo u very much, and hopfully we can help eachother to deal with that.

i have this obsession for many years, and now i take mediciation.

if you want to contect me please send me an email to: H74@013.net.il

i hope we can chat somewhere.

take care,

all the best

Mali

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Jonathan

Hello, I am taking Intro to Psychology in college. I am 31 years old and I was given an essay assignment with freedom to choose any topic I want to write about in relation to the class.

So I am surfing online for "obsessive blinking" in relation to a disorder I think I have and I found your posts. I suffer from an excessive blinking compulsion. I am conscious of it half the time. When I do catch myself, I can stop, no discomfort, no absolute need. But when I get the slightest bit nervous or anxious about anything and I am not consciously stopping myself, I can go into a stream of blinking before I realize I am doing it. Oftentimes, this blinking is coupled with two milder compulsion, one is a slight side-slide of my jaw and sometimes a very sudden, quick but almost imperceptible jerk of my head downward.

I have noticed the blinking and head jerk since the 9th grade, when to my embarrassment, some a**hole kid had the gall to point my jerking out to me. The head thing was more frequest back then. The odd thing is that I have gone years without really suffering from the blinking or other ticks much. THen at some point last year or at the turn of 2004, I became more aware of the frequency. It is embarrassing when someone catches me. I immediately become aware of myself and I try to cover it up as if I have something in my eye, or I am stretching my neck with my hand or coughing or something.

Sometimes I will even do it consciously b/c it might bring a bit of pleasure at a particular moment, as if I have some need to blink and the strangest thing is that I think I feel the need to do it a certain number of times along with the mild jerking motion. Not some particular number, not even something I keep count of, almost as if something in my head is saying, one more, ok one more, ok one last time.

I dont really stress much over it unless I catch myself in a serious bout of it. How odd to find you folks here. It didnt occur to me until now that I read your posts that I might need to find people coping with similar things and maybe learn something. I dont think I'll ever spend the money to see a Psych about it. It doesnt really hold me back from doing the things I want and need to do, but sometimes it is frustrating.

Guest Guest

By the way, my email is Solosage@bellsouth.net in case anyone wishes to keep in touch. I landed on this site by accident and since I have a busy life, I dont know if ill have a chance to come back and read posts.

If I dont return, I wish you all the best in tackling your situations. May friendships bring you unexpected soothing.

Oh, I also believe strongly in God (preacher's kid/lapsed Christian lol) but Im a believer in sovereignty over free will. I simply pray because the need comes out of me.

• 2 months later...
Guest WHATSUPPPP

Hey I know this post is old, but people are gonna read this. Its not uncommon for people to have these thoughts, but some people Obsesss about things alot more like me and I've had the same thought at one time thinking about my eyes blinking and it can be annoying, but that has gone away, because for me I always have a different worry or obsession usually and i make it into something bigger than it really is and i've had different worries and obsessions in the past, but u gotta some how break the pattern, but anyways its not uncommon for people to have these "Weird obsessions" because i guarentee theres alot of other people that have had the same obsessions. MUch LOVe