ACN Latitudes Forums

Buying antibiotics via Canadian pharmacy

Hi All -

After yet another exhausting discussion with my sons doctors about prophylactic antibiotics ("for how long ?", "how much ?", "which product ?", "there is no evidence, that it might work to use a higher dose ... and by the way there is still a lot of controversy as to the PANDASdiagnosis itself. Maybe he should not even have the antibiotics, he is given today !", "could we at least not give it a try ?", "oh no, we have to consider the risk of resistence !", "well, considering the risk of resistence, my child is suffering ! how about that !" etc. etc. ... you all know, what I mean), I am planning to buy antibiotics without having a prescription.

I am told, that it should be possible, for example via Canadian pharmacies, but I find it very difficult to see whether it is the sites of real or fake pharmacies.

Does any of you have experience with this ??

Best wishes to all of you and your children !

PANDAS_Denmark

I don't but please let us know if you are successful. I also hear you might be able to purchase out of Mexico.

Hi All -

After yet another exhausting discussion with my sons doctors about prophylactic antibiotics ("for how long ?", "how much ?", "which product ?", "there is no evidence, that it might work to use a higher dose ... and by the way there is still a lot of controversy as to the PANDASdiagnosis itself. Maybe he should not even have the antibiotics, he is given today !", "could we at least not give it a try ?", "oh no, we have to consider the risk of resistence !", "well, considering the risk of resistence, my child is suffering ! how about that !" etc. etc. ... you all know, what I mean), I am planning to buy antibiotics without having a prescription.

I am told, that it should be possible, for example via Canadian pharmacies, but I find it very difficult to see whether it is the sites of real or fake pharmacies.

PANDAS_Denmark

You can do it...for sure. I have thought about it (before I got the abs) but, the thing that scared me enough not to was the fact that these drugs are not approved by the US FDA. Now, they MAY be approved by the country 's "FDA" that you buy from...but, who knows what their standards are. I just, myself, couldn't be comfortable with it because you could not be sure what you are getting.

Kelly

I don't but please let us know if you are successful. I also hear you might be able to purchase out of Mexico.

Several years ago before Pandas was in my life, I did purchase antibiotics from Mexico (while on a trip to a boarder city) and they are actually in the manufacturers boxes, with each pill sealed. You don't need a rx to purchase in Mexico, but you would need to do in person at a pharmacy there.

Linda

Hi All -

PANDAS_Denmark

Hi All -

PANDAS_Denmark

I use a canadian pharmacy for my dogs prescriptionsmmI have to run out but ill give you the name and # later It takes a long time but..It is a human perscription but we give it to the dog sooooo much cheaper about 800.00$$cheaper

Here in Canada I have never been able to buy antibiotics without a doctor's prescription. I do know these internet pharmacies exist but I don't know anyone who uses them. Everyone I know gets prescriptions from the doc and then goes to have them filled at a pharmacy (just like in the USA).

These internet pharmacies must be taking advantage of some legal loop-hole that is allowing them to mail-order prescription drugs. I'm not entirely sure how much I would trust these internet pharmacies myself - can you be sure of the quality?? - maybe the expiration dates are not accurate etc.??

That being said - if you have exhausted all other options - maybe it is worth a try.

What if you told your doctor that this is what you now felt forced to do given the circumstances - that you now felt compelled to order antibiotics from an internet pharmacy - from another country. Do you think you would get anywhere??

Good luck - I just wish your doc would come around and give you what you need. So frustrating!!!

Hi All -

PANDAS_Denmark

Now there's a good Oprah story........"desperate housewives turned smugglers"........ :angry:

Faith

I'm cracking up at this b/c I had this discussion with one of my friends today...she said I was going to end up on the headlines, "cop's wife smuggles zithromax from Mexico"!

Stephanie

I am in the same boat and you can check out my discussion about this under the thread titled "Appt with Dr. Latimer" or "Dr. Tanya Murphy", can't remember which. But I ended up ordering some zithromax from London today. I searched a bunch of sites and I couldn't find a site in Canada from which I could order without a prescription. So I came across this site (the address on the site is London). The prices (for out of pocket zithromax) seem reasonable and there is no shipping fee. I checked a website from India and the shipping charge was $50. I can't say for sure that this is legit so PM me in a couple weeks and I will tell you if I really received the stuff!

We order my dad's meds from Canada (he is medicare, so it's cheaper that way) and they seem to be legit, but the website we get those form requires a prescription.

Anyway, here is the London link:

https://secure.easy.md/order/index.html

With all that said, I don't even think we will be giving this stuff to my son b/c I'm not sure about the legality of this and I don't want to compromise my husband's job (law enforcement). On the website there is a section where you have to give info about the person who will be taking the meds and you can't claim a child so I put in my info. I ordered this stuff out of desperation today...by the time we receive it we will probably have an rx in hand. My husband and I will probably end up taking it. If that didn't make any sense (I'm tired), it is legal to order and take it, but I'm not sure it is legal to give it to a child...??? Not really sure.

Stephanie

Hi All -

PANDAS_Denmark

I don't want to scare anyone but... I toyed with the idea of buying prednisone from a canadian site this summer, because I couldn't get anyone to prescribe here and it seemed ridiculous to drive 12 hours and pay $600 for such a cheap drug.

I asked around a little about possible repercussions, and one person told me that after she ordered drugs online the Feds came to her door.

I don't know if this is true, or if true whether the person was ordering controlled substances or something (probably)... but it was enough to scare me away from the idea.