ACN Latitudes Forums

Appt. with Dr. Latimer yesterday

Hi, i called Dr. Latimers office today to confirm my follow up appointment on Friday. I asked Andrea what would be the best way to contact Dr. Latimer because I have left numerous phone messages and emails. she said email, but really could not say to much other than Dr. Latimer has been overwhelmed with PANDA patients plus her normal neuro patients. I told her I will speak to Dr Latimer on Friday about this, I told her if she is managing my son Anthony then there are times when I need to get a hold of her and I think I need to know what the best way would be, she agreed . I will let you know what she says on Friday.

Deanna

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stephanie,

You are in good hands with Dr. Murphy.

Are you seeing her in person? She is great and will be a wealth of informaion on PANDAS. Keep us posted on the appointment. She talks to all the leading researchers on a regular basis and see many PANDAS cases so you are going to one of the best PANDAS Dr's in the country! Plus if you are willing to go the med route she knows what works best with PANDAS kids. Good luck. I am excited for you.

Michele

Hi, i called Dr. Latimers office today to confirm my follow up appointment on Friday. I asked Andrea what would be the best way to contact Dr. Latimer because I have left numerous phone messages and emails. she said email, but really could not say to much other than Dr. Latimer has been overwhelmed with PANDA patients plus her normal neuro patients. I told her I will speak to Dr Latimer on Friday about this, I told her if she is managing my son Anthony then there are times when I need to get a hold of her and I think I need to know what the best way would be, she agreed . I will let you know what she says on Friday.

Deanna

One thing I have found out about e-mailing busy people...keep your msg. short and answer easy. If the e-mail is long and complicated and would take them a long time to answer, you are less likely to get a response. If you can even put your question in the heading of the e-mail, and ask your question in a way that is easily answered, a response is more likely.

Faith, actually the office called me that night to reschedule for the next day, but Dr. Latimer stood me up and never called for the appt (I tried calling her 3 times). So, I never contacted the office the next day and they never contacted me. I decided that this will be an ongoing medical condition and that I really need to secure a practitioner who will be available within 24-48 hours in case we ever have a crisis situation. If she is overwhelmed, she will not be able to meet my needs. Part of my impatience is that my son has now had pandas for 3.5 years and I finally got a dx and I don't want to lose one more day to this disease than we have to.

Stephanie

Stephanie,

have you called Dr. Lattimer's office after the day that she never called for the original conference call? What did they say? just that they would give her the message? did you e-mail anything either. or are you just dropping it now? just wondering. I agree this is most curious. :mellow:

Faith