ACN Latitudes Forums

Does the intensity of pandas usually get worse?

ajcire

Well, that's part of it too.

I know that going through puberty (I think?) helps resolve some of this for our kids, but you don't want them to have been so dysfunctional, and have missed so many opportunities, and picked up so many bad habitual behaviors, that, by the time they are through puberty, they might as well still be ill.

Our DD - we think - has had this from birth, with exacerbations VERY early on. We just didn't realize what they were until 8 years old.

Pixiesdaddy

Well, that's part of it too.

I know that going through puberty (I think?) helps resolve some of this for our kids, but you don't want them to have been so dysfunctional, and have missed so many opportunities, and picked up so many bad habitual behaviors, that, by the time they are through puberty, they might as well still be ill.

Our DD - we think - has had this from birth, with exacerbations VERY early on. We just didn't realize what they were until 8 years old.

Pixiesdaddy

You're talking about my kid! PANDAS stole her childhood from her, including her early childhood development...and then it took some of the things she did develop....

She just had her 1st period, and an exacerbation...I have no hope that puberty is going to fix anything, including the PANDAS.

What do you all consider as "puberty", what age? do you mean like 12? or more like 18?

I would say for girls 12 would be average...when they start menustrating.

For boys, puberty tends to hit a bit later.

18 is well past puberty.