ACN Latitudes Forums

The Higher Dose Of Augmentin is Working!

Hi Elizabeth. We are using a protocol called from a German company called Pleo Sanum. I originally found out about it on this forum. Try to search "homeopathic" on this forum and you should be able to get some info. Unfortunately, it's difficult to find out about both the company and the theory. Try googling "biological medicine" and "nosode" therapy. It's a very different theory than traditional medicine. when I was trying to find info, the ND and integrative dr we had also consulted were not at all familiar with it. I'll PM you some more info.

Hi All--

ANYWAY-- after 3 months of antibiotics, when she plateaued at about 90% herself-- Then we tried a steroid burst and she came back 110%. NO OCD, no tics, calls from the teacher that she was seeing a "different child" than she had seen all year--

She continues on full strength amox. and though we saw whispers of 2 to 4 compulsion incidents a day during the summer from time to time, right now...after 10 months of full strength antibiotics and a steroid burst along the way, she now thankfully reports NO OCD, seemingly doing very well.

All the best--

I am so interested in this post - thanks so much for writing it. We have that same challenge for Meg - she is at 95-98% - but on a bad day, still has 4-5 compulsions - on a good day, maybe only 1. She is so good, that we are not ready to think about IVIG or PEX - we are completely open to doing this (likely IVIG for OCD) in the future, but where she is now, this seems too much. But I am very open to increasing anti-biotics or prednisone in the meantime. I meet with our Neuro this week (before he moves to Nebraska :angry: ) and Dr Latimer next week - and will discuss options with both of them. Meg also did extremely well on the Prednisone during the 5 day test. Thanks again!

Meg's Mom-- You are more than welcome. So much of this I feel has been grace along the way --with excellent guidance from a few insightful doctors. You will have a great help in Dr. Latimer--

keep us posted, I am following your experiences--