ACN Latitudes Forums

Now What?

Well we are doing the antibiotics and starteds them tuesday todays saturday. Hes cursing more than ever its just exausting for him and us. 2 weeks ago I couldnt be more happy His tics were gone!! He was happy well normal totally normal.I want that again.My question is how long (if its pandas) does the antibiotics take to work. Maybe this isnt pandas maybe its something else. The iv worked it worked I want to do it again and I dont know if the md is going to do it

What now?

Melanie

What is he taking and what dose? It can take a long time.......45 days for the child, Jamie, and quite a long time for Sammy. But, make sure it is a high dose, or, it may not work at all.

clindamycin 300 mg 3x per day is that good?

Dear Melanie,

I am by no means an expert on this. Many of the parents on this forum have more detailed info from their experience. What I can tell you is that my son did really well on Augmentin for about 13 days, his OCD symptoms improved TREMENDOUSLY, then he had a huge backslide so we upped the dose to 1000 mg two times per day, "The Saving Sammy Dose" and overnight he started to get better again.

There is still so much I don't understand and I am trying to educate myself as much as possible. We are going to explore IVIG. But for now this particular antibiotic and this high dose has really helped my son.

Have you tried Augmentin yet?

My heart goes out to you. My son went through a bought of cursing and it is so, so hard, and then as fast it came it went. Then some other kind of tic would start.

Please know that you are not alone and keep posting...

Judy...

Well we are doing the antibiotics and starteds them tuesday todays saturday. Hes cursing more than ever its just exausting for him and us. 2 weeks ago I couldnt be more happy His tics were gone!! He was happy well normal totally normal.I want that again.My question is how long (if its pandas) does the antibiotics take to work. Maybe this isnt pandas maybe its something else. The iv worked it worked I want to do it again and I dont know if the md is going to do it

What now?

Melanie

If your son previously did well on Azithromcyin, I you should consider that too. How much does he weigh?

Danny weighs 135 I emailed Dr K and he emailed me right back.I am going to set up a # consult and he said he will speak with his neuro.I dont know should I ?

Melanie

I can tell you that we tried alot of antibiotics and clindamycin did not help us at all. We are on zithromax month 2 and trying to be patient as things are better then they were. Kathy

Were seeing the md thursday I dont know if he thinks 1 week on a antibiotic is going to do anything

both times with Alex we saw a drastic reduction in tics on the third day of antibiotics for the actual treatment of strep.

it took 6 weeks on steady prophylactic antibiotics (low dose 125mg per day Omnicef) before the tics completely disappeared and it was a saw-toothed recovery.

we are in the middle of another 'episode' and tomorrow we finish up our 'strep' antibiotic (clindamycin) and Wednesday start a new prophylactic...we are in the saw-toothed phase now. But this 'episode' was much milder than the first so we are keeping our fingers crossed the recovery may be shorter. We are also switching to Azith as the prophylactic...which apparently works differently than the penicillans....