ACN Latitudes Forums

anyone with these similar symptoms?

evol

My three year old son has always done certain behaviors that I wonder if they may be precursors to tics/tourette's or not. He has very sensative skin and from the age of almost 1 seems to do things repeatedly like wiping his nose (especially if he has a cold), wipe his mouth (especially when eating), rubs his eyes, or he even just touches his nose a lot. For almost a half of a year he did do a nose twitch but it seems like it was associated with the winter/cold season. Although these are not "classic" tics I feel like I am waiting for them to develop. I wonder if he gets those urges and doesn't know how to soothe them by ticcing yet. Perhaps his skin is just sensative and itchy but I don't notice other children doing this behavior so there has got to be something there. Tourette's runs in the family so I hate that I am just waiting for more symtoms to develop. Just curious if anyone else has any experience with this.

• 2 weeks later...
My three year old son has always done certain behaviors that I wonder if they may be precursors to tics/tourette's or not. He has very sensative skin and from the age of almost 1 seems to do things repeatedly like wiping his nose (especially if he has a cold), wipe his mouth (especially when eating), rubs his eyes, or he even just touches his nose a lot. For almost a half of a year he did do a nose twitch but it seems like it was associated with the winter/cold season. Although these are not "classic" tics I feel like I am waiting for them to develop. I wonder if he gets those urges and doesn't know how to soothe them by ticcing yet. Perhaps his skin is just sensative and itchy but I don't notice other children doing this behavior so there has got to be something there. Tourette's runs in the family so I hate that I am just waiting for more symtoms to develop. Just curious if anyone else has any experience with this.

HI

My son started various similar things at around 3. Acting like his shirt was bothering him, etc. Later things became more like "classic" tics (eye blinking/head jerking/etc). He is now 7. This past Sept he had a very bad month. The freat news is that he turned out to have sensitivities so a few things such as orange, red grapse, flaxseed oil, and more (11 items some foods some chemicals). Once we got him off the flaxseed oil suppkement I started him on in August, and all the other things, his life has changed. He is almost tic free and very serene, not at times agitated like he was before. I definitely recommend getting him tested mabe in a couple of years 9it involves drawing blood).

Good luck!

• 1 month later...

HI

My son started various similar things at around 3. Acting like his shirt was bothering him, etc. Later things became more like "classic" tics (eye blinking/head jerking/etc). He is now 7. This past Sept he had a very bad month. The freat news is that he turned out to have sensitivities so a few things such as orange, red grapse, flaxseed oil, and more (11 items some foods some chemicals). Once we got him off the flaxseed oil suppkement I started him on in August, and all the other things, his life has changed. He is almost tic free and very serene, not at times agitated like he was before. I definitely recommend getting him tested mabe in a couple of years 9it involves drawing blood).

Good luck!

my 5 year old daughter did a nose / eyebrow touching thing before she was 2 it didnt last very long