ACN Latitudes Forums

I have TS, but more worried about my kids

citygirl

I'm 35 and have had TS since I was about 11/12. I now have 2 kids (2 and 1) and have been concerned as to whether TS will affect them. I've come to learn through many readings/research that I have methylation/sulfation issues (like many here) and had mercury toxicity. It was towards the end of my detox for mercury that I got pregnant with my dd1 (unexpectedly) and dd2 a 1.5 yrs later (unexpectedly again :huh: ).

My 2 yr old, who is getting over a cold for the last two weeks, just started this sort of readjusting/hopping in her seat this afternoon. She has been a lot more fidgety lately, and so I have been more concerned about what may be causing it. Just tonight, she complained her throat hurt, and now I'm wondering if she has strep. Knowing strep can trigger symptoms of TS in some people, I want to figure out what best to do. If she does have strep, I don't know if it should be treated homeopathically, with antibiotics, or nothing. I feel like I'm sort of bracing myself and driving myself crazy here, but as all the parents on this forum, I want to do the best for my kids.

Hi and welcome city girl.

That is great that you are looking into helping the kids now while they are so young. First, if she does have strep do get the antibiotic I would then while she is on the medication give her lots of probiotics.

I think if one did not have a history of ts then homeopathy would be something some may look into. The strep or the natural defense against the strep for what ever reason will attack the brain in some people.

I was wondering if you had the kids vaccinated?

CP

I'm 35 and have had TS since I was about 11/12. I now have 2 kids (2 and 1) and have been concerned as to whether TS will affect them. I've come to learn through many readings/research that I have methylation/sulfation issues (like many here) and had mercury toxicity. It was towards the end of my detox for mercury that I got pregnant with my dd1 (unexpectedly) and dd2 a 1.5 yrs later (unexpectedly again :wub: ).

My 2 yr old, who is getting over a cold for the last two weeks, just started this sort of readjusting/hopping in her seat this afternoon. She has been a lot more fidgety lately, and so I have been more concerned about what may be causing it. Just tonight, she complained her throat hurt, and now I'm wondering if she has strep. Knowing strep can trigger symptoms of TS in some people, I want to figure out what best to do. If she does have strep, I don't know if it should be treated homeopathically, with antibiotics, or nothing. I feel like I'm sort of bracing myself and driving myself crazy here, but as all the parents on this forum, I want to do the best for my kids.

Hi there. Although I cannot offer any advice, I am going through the same thing you are. I myself have had it since about 7 and my husband's side of the family shows signs of a tic disorder. I feel I am constantly waiting for the other shoe to drop. My oldest daughter, 7 years old, has had some mild tics. They come and go. So I know already she has the gene(s) and I am basically waiting for her symptoms to worsen (or hope they don't). My son, 3 years old, also had shown symptoms since very young, although his aren't typical yet. He worries me the most right now because of how young he was when I started noticing things. It's very stressful. There isn't a day that goes by that I am not fretting about them. I try to live in the now and not worry about the future but that is very difficult. I know this doesn't offer you much help, but I want you to know I understand what you are going through.

Thank you for the advice. Is there any drawback to doing antibiotics, even with probiotics?

What homeopathy works for strep? And by natural defense against strep, do you mean homeopathic remedy could attack the brain? Sorry my brain is a little muddled right now.

I just did DTAP and pneumoccocal for my DD1 once at 6mo and again at 1yr. Very cautious when it comes to vaccines.

Hi and welcome city girl.

That is great that you are looking into helping the kids now while they are so young. First, if she does have strep do get the antibiotic I would then while she is on the medication give her lots of probiotics.

I think if one did not have a history of ts then homeopathy would be something some may look into. The strep or the natural defense against the strep for what ever reason will attack the brain in some people.

I was wondering if you had the kids vaccinated?

CP

• 2 weeks later...

Citygirl,

There is some info on the PANDAS forum that I wanted you to see. Not sure what it means as I just sort of stumbled on it, but did want you to see it particularly since there can be heart involvement with this antibody apparently, IF there is any autoimmune issues involved with your kids movement disorder. Have you seen any increase in symptoms with the illness?

http://www.latitudes.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=5724