Lisa1971 Posted October 13, 2009 Report Share Posted October 13, 2009 After months symptm free, last week Alex starting ticking again...he had had a swollen gland a week prior that had gone away with a increase of antibiotics and motrin at the suggestion of our neurologist...then woke up one morning with a fever, glassy eyes, headache, runny nose...brought him to the pediatrician to find it was strep... obviously this means he has grown a resistance to the prophalactic Omnicef...Pediatrician gave him 10 days of Cleocin which is not penicillian based...we are on day 6 with drastic reduction in tics... Now here's the BAD news...my neurologist is moving in two weeks...to Nebraska...I'm in NC...and the other neurologist in the practice will not take my son's case because she 'does NOT treat PANDAS'...and my ped is only cooperating at this point because I had a neurologist make an actual diagnosis who is handling most of his care...I am waiting on a phone call back for a possible referral to another neurologist in the area who DOES treat PANDAS...but the nurse did not sound hopeful...I have a new Rx for Azith to carry us through June...but what if he develops a resisitance to that in the meantime...and then after June...then what? How exactly does a neurologist NOT take a case from her partner...when she knows my son in smack in the middle of another episode...as she had to help us out last week when my Dr. was out of town...I was told today that was a one time thing... I don't know right now if I want to scream or cry... Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!Register a new account
Already have an account? Sign in here.Sign In Now