ACN Latitudes Forums

Nasal Wash

LNN

Just wanted to share a positive experience we're having with Nasaline nasal washing. It's like a Neti Pot, but it's a syringe with a large bulb at the end so you can't put it too far into your nose. And you don't have to worry about getting the right angle like you do with a Neti pot. They have a kid's size and adult size. My son and I have been using it for about 5 months. It hasn't kept us cold-free, but the colds are gone in 2-3 days instead of 5-7. And since lingering colds are great incubators for bacterial infections, it's been a good way to keep those at bay. (you know how fluid build up from a cold can lead to ear infections, bronchitis, sinus infections...) It's also one step we take to ward off H1N1 - maybe make it harder for the virus to attach and incubate.

Anyway, with cold and flu season upon us, I wanted to let people know about it. It seems to help. Here's a link at Amazon for $12. You can also find them at your local health food store.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000U3OJ0...MJDSTWCFDJ0WZZ1

Thanks. How old is your child who uses it? Do they have to bend their body to use it? Just since school has begun, I've gotten my boys to do XClear nasal spray - you can hold the bottle upright and it has finger holds - very easy to spray. They love to watch me use a netti pot but would never try it! I think I'll have to try this too.

Thanks. How old is your child who uses it? Do they have to bend their body to use it? Just since school has begun, I've gotten my boys to do XClear nasal spray - you can hold the bottle upright and it has finger holds - very easy to spray. They love to watch me use a netti pot but would never try it! I think I'll have to try this too.

My son just turned 7. I don't think my 4 1/2 yr old would use it, but more because of a wimp factor than because she's too little. My son and I both bend over the bathtub and squirt away. Then turn on the shower to rinse away the evidence. It works best if he blows his nose first to empty the sinuses as much as possible. Oh- and yes, my son makes sure he gets to watch me go first - a certain misery loves company kind of thing...