ACN Latitudes Forums

NAET does it work

abbe

Hey all,

took Nick to a new person yesterday who practices NAET. He was annoyed that he had to go somewhere new. She tested him and felt he can't digest anything but fats. Nicholas has been constipated since this whole thing started. She says he craves proteins but can't digest them. She also tested him for tv's computers and flourescent bulbs. All of which he was intolerant to. She also could have read this info. from my paperwork. The theory is you clear(using this vial in your sock and touching up and down the spine and a laser) for a certain thing like HCL. for instance and then the next 25 hours you don't eat it and viola you are better. It seems to me that with the info. she said Nick would need to take enzymes but she said it would be bad to give him enzymes with his condition? I have a call into her but I feel like it is a little to hocus pocus for me and that is pretty bad cuz I believe EVERYTHING!!

Any experience with this ??

thanks so much abbe

P>S> She also said his acidolphilus would be bad for him right now??? I feel that this is what helps him poop!!

Hi abbe,

I have been doing NAET with my son since about January. I wish I could tell you something positive, but up til now, I have not really seen benefits for my son. I was hoping to hit on something that he may be reacting to big time, but so far that has not been the case. I cannot say that any treatment has seemed to help any of his symptoms. if it did, it was subtle at best. I agree, at times, I think its out there, but I had to try.

That said, I had taken a break during the summer to let things settle, as we were going thru a bad time tic wise with him, bur I have recently gone back several times to try and treat things I am suspicious of. For me, I admit, its a gamble, I am hoping to just hit on that one thing that may be the problem. I'm not sure I would discount it, all I'm saying is that it doesn't seem to be helping us, but when I am in the office, I've talked to other patients who feel it works and helps them, altho they are not dealing with the same issues. It is possible that these sensitivities just don't have any bearing on my son's tics or other issues. That doesn't mean it may not be the case for you tho, especially if you are certain there are things that trigger his tics, it would be interesting to see what happens when those items are treated.

Feel free to ask me anything else concerning it or to compare notes. sorry, that's all I have.

Faith

abbe,

don't forget, you probably will have to go thru a panel of a basic 10-15 items that they like to do first in a sequence. They will muscle test for them and which ever ones he is weak to, will then be treated in a certain order. then you can move on to other things, foods and environmental. Also, there may be times when he doesn't pass the treatment, and it will have to be done again. ($$). this happens sometimes with stubborn sensitivities, and that could indicate that they are a big one for that person. however, again, that has happened with us, but when all was said and done, I cannot attest to having any halleluhia moments. we are still searching.

You will get a feel if it is right for your son. Especially if there is something you "know" is a problem for him, as I said, only you will be able to attest to him not being allergic or sensitive or reactive to that item anymore.

Faith

Faith,

I agree. The person I am going to charges 60 per visit. I spoke to her on the phone today for quite some time and she seemed passionate about it. The one thing that interests me is she saw a lack of digestive enzymes on Nicks part and I do feel in a way that the asprin he has had to be on for his previous medical issue could have caused this. If Nicholas can stand to go which I m not sure he can he is frustrated I would like to give her a shot. I feel like I owe it to him to try. I will ask you more questions as we go along. thanks for the support

abbe

abbe,

I used NAET a lot about 3-4-5 years ago. I was allergic to everything. Okay, there might have been like 5 foods I was not allergic to. It did help a lot, however it is not stuck forever. I know they promise permanent relief, but let's face it, the allergy or whatever you want to call it, it started somehow. What if the same conditions that created it are still there? Can't it still be created again? It lasted about a couple years I would say, then I had this big health meltdown for a lot of reasons, and they're all back.

By the way, I have a terrible problem with fluorescent lights, and tried that treatment with NAET a number of ways, with no success. It showed bad, then it showed cleared, but no difference in the end. I think any body would develop an allergy to something that caused such problems to it, but that doesn't mean the allergy is the root of the cause. I have gone from alternative doctor to alternative doctor to alternative doctor, probably tried 25-30 things by now for these lights, with no success so far.

For me, the NAET did get unwieldy too. After treating individual foods, things were a lot better, but it was the food combinations that needed treating too. I literally was treated for spaghett with spaghetti sauce, home-made from tomato paste, onions, and dried oregano. I ate it a few times, it was fine, no problems. Then I made it with dried basil instead of dried oregano. And I had terrible acid stomach. At some point, you can't do everything. Fortunately, most people don't need the combinations treated like that.

I am actually thinking of going back, the foods I need to avoid at this time, with these allergies and candida make it really hard to get adequate nutrition. But I am trying to hold out until the root cause is found and treated. I have a different acupuncturist now, and she has done different energy treatments that have helped with foods, but not quite as good as NAET, and it hasn't lasted as long, either because NAET is more permanent, or my body is still more of a mess than it was before.

Best of luck, and I will be eager to hear how it goes, particularly regarding fluorescent lights. They are killing me, and if anybody has any success with even a vaguely similar problem, I absolutely want to hear more.

Michael

My son has been doing NAET for about 3 years now, off & on. I feel that it has helped him regard w/food sensitivities & tics. After treating w/ NAET, i still avoid all the bad stuff, like additives 95% of the times and give him food that he was sensitive to in moderation.

I think like anything, treatment needs maintenance as our bodies are always changes and we face with stress that can trigger our old illness to come back. I believe that the NAET or any other energetic modalities is to raise our threshold but not a true cure since we are born w/certain dispositions. So as long as we can keep everything in balance, things can be good.

Pat

Pat/ Michael

What I liked about it if it works is it could help Nicks digestion. She feels he lacks the ability to digest carbs and proteins. I feel that could be huge. I don't plan on re giving him things like dairy that he is allergic to but maybe if he has a little like at a school party he could handle it. Just enough so that he doesn't suffer or feel different.

abbe

Abbe,

One of the reasons i like NAET is because it is very noninvasion. Before you start NAET, you may want to do a IGg & IGe food panel test as a baseline and reaffirmed it via muscle testing. IMO, i would hold off on the enzymes because you won't know if NAET is working or the enzymes are working.

good luck. pls keep me post it on NAET as i am very interest in others who are using it.

pat

My experience (or non experience :wub: ) with NAET:

About ?10 years ago, after pretty well throwing in the towel re: treating my TS son's food allergies by avoiding the foods (only thing that really helped....we had been to environmental medicine MD and gotten "neutralization" drops --sublingual-- for food allergies,....those didnt seem to help, although completely avoiding the offending foods DID help.....I started traditional allergy desensitization shots for him,etc) HOWEVER......I was still VERY interested in "alternative"/natural etc treatments.....

.....and I learned of NAET.

I read a book about it (written by the originator of it, as I recall?) and learned of a training program for it,.....and was considering going to it. IT was in California, and would involve being there at least a week,...alot of expense for me at the time.....but I lived in a rural area with no NAET practioners ANYWHERE around....and, I was seriously considering it....to go, learn the techniques, and do it.

While trying to decide about this, I found the name of an accupuncturist about a 3 hour drive from me (nearest NAET practitioner) who used it. I called and talked with her about it. SHE TOLD ME....that she had trained in NAET, used it,....but then she told me about something else...much simplier....that she had since trained in, and used with (she felt) just as much success.......and encouraged me to look into it instead........it was called "TAT"..."Tapas Accupuncture Technique" (or maybe: Tapas Accupressure Technique".

It was developed by an accupuncturist, and had shorter training sessions......I think the one I went to was two days. I googled it up after reading this thread....there is a site about it, and she does still offer workshop (the one I went to was in Toronto...fall of 2000).

I see on her website, she now offers teleconferences to teach the entire technique, as well as has CD and DVD's specific to allergy treatment:

http://store.tatlife.com/index.php?main_pa...;products_id=42

(try looking the whole site over....I think much of the info for doing it yourself is on there for free)

It is MUCH simplier, you (hah! ...it sounds so bogus....) basically THINK about the offending thing, and use these particular accupuncture places for your hands, etc on the person.

ANYHOW......I came home and by then, my TS son's TS was basically controlled by then, in fact, I think he was off of the catapres even by then....and he was a high schooler not real interested in this weirdo stuff.........

HOWEVER, my youngest was 10 years old then.....and an enthusiastic/intersted kid in general. HE had recently had alot of problems with allergies and we were suspecting the house cats, among other things. Both of my older sons had rated high to cat allergies when tested with skin testing, and we had been keeping our cat outdoors and out of the bedrooms as much as possible (because we couldnt bear to part with her), which seemed to be enough to help their allergies. And so my 10 year old son wanted me to treat him for cat allergies, so we wouldnt have to actually get rid of the cat if that turned out to be what was causing his problem.

And so , I did.

Then, a few months later....he went for skin allergy testing. He tested positive to all the common things, just like his brothers did,...dust, mites, molds, some trees, dog.......but.....hah.....COMPLETELY negative to cat.

Coincidence?

who knows....

anyhow....that's my experience.

If I were you....I 'd look into TAT anyhow. As I recall, it was either $150 or $300 for the two day course......but it was excellent, and they were very clear at explaining it, having you practice with each other to, etc....you most definitely went home able to practice it.

Honestly, I think alot with techniques like TAT is (honestly) suggestability. The mind has HUGE capacities. PERHAPS the fact that my 10 yo's mind completely "believed" that this would remove any cat allergies was the way it worked. (or ...maybe not....)

Anyhow....I wanted to share that experience with you.

BEST WISHES!

how interesting... I remember our cranial sacral lady telling my son at a visit she was learning a new technique that you tell you yourself... what would it feel like to not have to blink, ect. and it will tell your brain not to do it. I know the mind can really do alot. It helps sometimes, but did not take them away completely, of course :(

Like I said, a very intersting concept....

Mary

My experience (or non experience :wub: ) with NAET:

About ?10 years ago, after pretty well throwing in the towel re: treating my TS son's food allergies by avoiding the foods (only thing that really helped....we had been to environmental medicine MD and gotten "neutralization" drops --sublingual-- for food allergies,....those didnt seem to help, although completely avoiding the offending foods DID help.....I started traditional allergy desensitization shots for him,etc) HOWEVER......I was still VERY interested in "alternative"/natural etc treatments.....

I read a book about it (written by the originator of it, as I recall?) and learned of a training program for it,.....and was considering going to it. IT was in California, and would involve being there at least a week,...alot of expense for me at the time.....but I lived in a rural area with no NAET practioners ANYWHERE around....and, I was seriously considering it....to go, learn the techniques, and do it.

While trying to decide about this, I found the name of an accupuncturist about a 3 hour drive from me (nearest NAET practitioner) who used it. I called and talked with her about it. SHE TOLD ME....that she had trained in NAET, used it,....but then she told me about something else...much simplier....that she had since trained in, and used with (she felt) just as much success.......and encouraged me to look into it instead........it was called "TAT"..."Tapas Accupuncture Technique" (or maybe: Tapas Accupressure Technique".

It was developed by an accupuncturist, and had shorter training sessions......I think the one I went to was two days. I googled it up after reading this thread....there is a site about it, and she does still offer workshop (the one I went to was in Toronto...fall of 2000).

I see on her website, she now offers teleconferences to teach the entire technique, as well as has CD and DVD's specific to allergy treatment:

http://store.tatlife.com/index.php?main_pa...;products_id=42

(try looking the whole site over....I think much of the info for doing it yourself is on there for free)

It is MUCH simplier, you (hah! ...it sounds so bogus....) basically THINK about the offending thing, and use these particular accupuncture places for your hands, etc on the person.

ANYHOW......I came home and by then, my TS son's TS was basically controlled by then, in fact, I think he was off of the catapres even by then....and he was a high schooler not real interested in this weirdo stuff.........

HOWEVER, my youngest was 10 years old then.....and an enthusiastic/intersted kid in general. HE had recently had alot of problems with allergies and we were suspecting the house cats, among other things. Both of my older sons had rated high to cat allergies when tested with skin testing, and we had been keeping our cat outdoors and out of the bedrooms as much as possible (because we couldnt bear to part with her), which seemed to be enough to help their allergies. And so my 10 year old son wanted me to treat him for cat allergies, so we wouldnt have to actually get rid of the cat if that turned out to be what was causing his problem.

And so , I did.

Then, a few months later....he went for skin allergy testing. He tested positive to all the common things, just like his brothers did,...dust, mites, molds, some trees, dog.......but.....hah.....COMPLETELY negative to cat.

Coincidence?

who knows....

anyhow....that's my experience.

If I were you....I 'd look into TAT anyhow. As I recall, it was either $150 or $300 for the two day course......but it was excellent, and they were very clear at explaining it, having you practice with each other to, etc....you most definitely went home able to practice it.

Honestly, I think alot with techniques like TAT is (honestly) suggestability. The mind has HUGE capacities. PERHAPS the fact that my 10 yo's mind completely "believed" that this would remove any cat allergies was the way it worked. (or ...maybe not....)

Anyhow....I wanted to share that experience with you.

BEST WISHES!

My experience (or non experience :mellow: ) with NAET:

new to board so bear with me

I was interested in Naet also......and because all of my sons allerigies are all pollen/trees/grasses/weeds...you've got to at least get to the car..and notice tics kick up in the morning according to pollen count,,,we usually got complete remission several times a year...worst pollen season ever.....PS yes when younger ..only with strep or end of allergy season after tipping point broke... I havent' had my windows or doors open in years...its almost like it's electric .......agian i'll do more details later.

when you say "neutralization" drops --sublingual-- for food allergies are you talking homeopathic???

I found this and they are more along the lines of tradtional shots...no fillers i think....and did you ever do allergy shots or has anyone and seen a result. might do these anyway for allergies as long as it doesn't make things worse!!!!

short video

http://www.foxnews.com/video/index.html?pl...45012f3ad000096

I've also seen this discussed on THE DOCTORS show on NBC? last week

Found an allergist who i can use for this

Thanks to all on this and the pandas board...This has got to be a collection of the most dedicated parents.

***************************************************************************************

and just for some, i believe hopefull info i put on the pandas board yesterday

1)TeleCourse - PBS Hawaii Epigenetics NOVA Episode It’s about 56 minutes or so!!!!! Your DNA is not your destiny!!!

http://www.archive.org/details/epigenetics

2)a very good 10 minute snippet from nova ******

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/sciencenow/3411/02.html

3)Here is other nova’s site with all kinds of thing with epigenetics

http://www.pbs.org/search/search_results.h...=0&btnG.y=0

4)Gene Switches

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/genes/fate.html

when you say "neutralization" drops --sublingual-- for food allergies are you talking homeopathic???

I found this and they are more along the lines of tradtional shots...no fillers i think....and did you ever do allergy shots or has anyone and seen a result. might do these anyway for allergies as long as it doesn't make things worse!!!!

This was an "environmental medicine" physician (MD) I went to (Paula Davey....she was one of the pioneers of EM movement, actually).

She used "electrodermal screening" to identify "allergans", then which level of the drops would "neutralize" the reaction......supposedly over time it did desensitize you as well...but you could do food allergies as well with this..., which you cant with traditional allergy desensitization shots.

The idea, was supposed to be that you took these sublinqual drops ? three times a day (dont remember), and it would be "neutralizing"your reactions you got from eating the offensive food. I do know some people who claimed success with this. I didnt see it in my son.

If we COMPLETELY ELIMINATED these same offending foods from his diet.....his motor tics decreased by at least 90%....but if we gave him the foods and used the drops...which was supposed to have the same effect of elimintating the tics caused by the foods....he still had the tics and I didnt notice any dramatic decrease.

I had a friend with other symptoms from food allergies (fibromyalgia and arthritis type of stuff) who DID have success with these types of drops, however.

He did go onto traditional allergy desensitization shots a couple of years later, and I didnt notice any increase tic type symptoms with that, if that was your other question.

Best wishes!

Hey all,

Nicholas has had two treatments so far one for enzymes andone for veggies and beans. I am not thrilled with the women who is doing the work (nor is Nicky ) hard to esplain but she talks in a way that annoys Nicholas and I think it is funny cuz she annoys me to. The kind of person who calls you sweetie but is really annoyed under that. In any event after the two treatments his bowel patterns are normal! Going once of twice a day on his own. He was constipated before and/or just didn't want to go to the bathroom, to busy and avoided it??

abbe