ACN Latitudes Forums

Donations to Cunnigham's testing

I know that Dr Cunnigham's test has helped many people. And I know her research is beneficial to the PANDAS movement. But all that testing and research comes at a price. Does anyone know if there is a way a "regular perosn" can donate to her research? I'm not saying it would be much but even it helped cover some of the cost of running a test for one child, it would be good. With the Holidays approaching, I always put a foundation down on my Christmas list that people can donate to if they want to. She'd be one I would back up.

Anyway, I wanted to ask here before I bother Dr Cunningham directly. Thanks.

Vickie,

I keep saying the same thing but how can we start a nonprofit organization for PANDAS? Isn't there any lawyers here at ACN?

That way the money could go to research like Cunningham or getting the word out on PANDAS through advertising/walks etc. It really needs to be done! I know Diana was trying to get a group together to do this. Has anyone heard anything on the progress of this?

Michele

I know that Dr Cunnigham's test has helped many people. And I know her research is beneficial to the PANDAS movement. But all that testing and research comes at a price. Does anyone know if there is a way a "regular perosn" can donate to her research? I'm not saying it would be much but even it helped cover some of the cost of running a test for one child, it would be good. With the Holidays approaching, I always put a foundation down on my Christmas list that people can donate to if they want to. She'd be one I would back up.

Anyway, I wanted to ask here before I bother Dr Cunningham directly. Thanks.

YES! You can specify that you want your donation to go to Dr. Cunningham's continued research on PANDAS (that's what we did). The donation is tax-deductable. Here is an e-mail from June (hopefully the contact info. is still good...you might call or e-mail to make sure):

It is a very simple process.

Please make your check payable as follows: "University of Oklahoma Foundation".

On "Memo" section of check, please note,"Research funding for Dr. Madeline Cunningham"

Mail check to me:

Karen Waddell, Associate Vice President & Executive Director

University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center

Office of Alumnin & Development

1000 Stanton L. Young Blvd., Suite 162

Oklahoma City, Oklahoma 73117

Upon receipt of your gift, we will process and deposit in an account accessible to Dr. Cunningham for use as she deems appropriate to support her research programs. We will also send you an official tax letter from the University of Oklahoma Foundation.

we really appreciate your help and your reaching out to help fund Dr. Cunningham's research. Thank you so much for your support. Please know we are excellent stewards of your gift and appreciate your generiousity very, very much.

Thanks! I'll email them and see if there is a link to donations that way I can post it in various places easier. Also, it would make it easier for one to make a credit card donation. I'll post what their response is.

YES! You can specify that you want your donation to go to Dr. Cunningham's continued research on PANDAS (that's what we did). The donation is tax-deductable. Here is an e-mail from June (hopefully the contact info. is still good...you might call or e-mail to make sure):

It is a very simple process.

Please make your check payable as follows: "University of Oklahoma Foundation".

On "Memo" section of check, please note,"Research funding for Dr. Madeline Cunningham"

Mail check to me:

Karen Waddell, Associate Vice President & Executive Director

University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center

Office of Alumnin & Development

1000 Stanton L. Young Blvd., Suite 162

Oklahoma City, Oklahoma 73117

Upon receipt of your gift, we will process and deposit in an account accessible to Dr. Cunningham for use as she deems appropriate to support her research programs. We will also send you an official tax letter from the University of Oklahoma Foundation.

we really appreciate your help and your reaching out to help fund Dr. Cunningham's research. Thank you so much for your support. Please know we are excellent stewards of your gift and appreciate your generiousity very, very much.