ACN Latitudes Forums

why immunology testing

Some great posts here! I agree fully with exploring any possible issues, including immunology, for your child. We are - it's just blood test (and trust me, that is a HUGE deal still around here, so I don't say that mildly). And I am a huge believer in using the word "remission". Remaining realistic about the potential for a return of the disease, like any autoimmune disease, is important. But for us, we now feel that we have a support team that will make the next one not so life altering. We all know the pattern, and we have many things to try. Having a plan of attack really helps. We are in 98% remission for about 60 days now, and hoping to post here at a year! But if not, we'll post what we do next time, and how it works. We have so much hope! I wish you all the same.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Elizabeth....Dr. Latimer does not use the word cure for IVIG.. She said it can help, but many times (not all) these kids continue to have symptoms...and then they either need additional IVIG....or then it is time to consider PEX.

Thanks for all the great discussions everyone!!!

Kelly

We just got a call from the new pediatrician, we don't have all of the blood work in, but part did come back. We didn't do well on our IGG levels, they were too low. Specifically level one and two, we were under the low range, but we passed level 3 and 4 of the IGG. She is recommending we see a pediatric immunologist. Two years ago, we failed the pneumococcal titers, but this time they were not able to test them for some reason. Hopefully they will be able to do that when we see the immunologist. For those who have low IGG levels, what does that mean? Is this why we get strep all of the time? We are also scheduled to see Dr. Latimer next week. How will this impact our visit with her?