ACN Latitudes Forums

Immunologist Recommending Pneumovax

Faith, I really didn't mean anything other than Prev. is conjugated to Dt or Diptheria like toxin, but antibody response was also boosted by aluminum. This vaccine was originally developed for 2 year olds and < because they didn't respond to the capsular polysaccharide alone (or responded poorly). Maybe they think the linking of DT to the polysaccharide only, would be more effective in adults (?) however, the Prev. vaccine still contains the alum, which stimulates a different mode of antibody formation from the way the body would respond without alum (my understanding). I was looking at this a while ago here http://www.latitudes.org/forums/index.php?...amp;hl=aluminum

This link is the one that talks about how alum works to stimulate an immune response. Dated May 08

http://www3.niaid.nih.gov/news/newsrelease...lum_vaccine.htm

Just curious as to why this wasn't mentioned as being part of the big picture in this study, which was started in 2006, i believe, and the info on the mode of action of alum wasn't known at that time but it was known that it was an immune boosting adjuvant.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kim,

I don't know how to convey what I'm thinking. but could the antibodies that are supposed to be involved in the vaccines trigger a bad response in a way? I mean, what exactly happens when one gets a vaccine? the antibodies mount a response then and there? something like that? and then that means that they were basically "exposed" to it, so now they are supposed to be immune next time? as in the antibodies will remember the response and attack? ..... supposing these vaccines mounted a somehow wrong or mucked up response in the first place? and of course then anytime consequent exposure or illness occured, the same mucked up response?

you know how we used to talk about thimerosol and such? well maybe its not that, but the live strain that just causes a wrong antibody response in the first place, for some odd reason they havn't figured out yet? .... what could it be? (I'm thinking of those who feel their kids got tics after some vaccines, namely the Tdap and chicken pox booster?..... maybe this Prevnar too, who knows?) (I don't think my son had that, btw.)

maybe I'm all wet. just thinking out loud. but I know you're good at this kind of research. You'll come up with something, lol.!

Faith