ACN Latitudes Forums

swine flu

MARYANN

Well we can speak first hand.3:4 of my family have the swine flu (since wed.).my daughter is 4 months into Sydenham's chorea/PANDAS.

11 out of 18 of kids in her class have it. It has been long and daunting week. At first I though..huh...so this is..we can handle this..but this flu rides a very aggresive and weird course. Twice we almost rush me to the hospital b/c i thought i was takingmy last breathe.

Now for my daughter, she is a warrior, but also heartbroken. She is 4 years old and recognizes that ALL of her chorea,OCD adn symptoms have returned. All that progress we have been makingis gone..just like that. Not only is she VERY sick with H1N1 ,now she is also fighting her SC symptoms.

In a wierd way I amglad we got it and under our belt. I dont THINK you can get it twice. But I dont think we can handle this again next year and I will be contemplating vacination.

Yes... we have been pumping LOTS of alternative stuff...oscillocoum, super greens,vitamin c,elderberry.. I think it may have helped with the severity of the flu. my daughter is also taking Tamiflu.-- hope that helps--J

I hope you all feel better soon.

I was watching the Larry King show last night and Dr. Sanjay Gupta was on and said you can't get it twice and it's like you have been vaccinated. Hopefully by next year they will have a safe vaccine since more and more people are speaking out for this current one.

OTSMITH,

where do you live? TX? that's wow that so many kids have it. I'm in NY, havn't heard really of any around here. I do have a friend in TX who her boy got it, mild I think. I know they closed school a bit back for a week when all this started.

Faith

OT, wow that sounds awful! I've heard from others that this swine flu comes in waves. You'll have a few good hours and think you're on the mend and then WHAM! you get hit with another wave of fever, aches, cough, etc. For most of the people that I know who have had it, the symptoms were severe for about 4 days on average. A friend of mine had it for 6 days of misery and she said it was another week to get back to decent lung capacity with her breathing, etc.

We've had MANY cases here in AZ and we've had some schools shut down b/c 40% of the school was out. Most of the kids I know who have had it were relatively mild cases as far as flu goes. Most adults I know were actually hit harder and were down with longer recovery times and secondary infections. Despite the stories I'm hearing about the swine flu, I still don't think we'll be getting vaccinated. With all the neuro. stuff we have going on, I just don't want to mess around with it!

Bonnie

Hi Bonnie,

I don't know if you missed my posts on the other thread and I wanted to thank you for the articles you posted. I also wanted to know do you recommend Zyflamend by New Chapter? Thanks again

Hi Faith hope all is going well !!!!

Well, I was taking it for joint issues which I believe it helped. I never even considered it as a supplement for anything else. It's pretty pricey so you may want to read some reviews online!

Bonnie