ACN Latitudes Forums

swine flu

MARYANN

Hi everyone

I know I asked this before but since we here it more on the news recently I wanted to know your thoughts on the swine flu.

Exspecially with the 2 girls who died from Texas who had no medical problems. This is so scary. Vacinate or not to vacinate?

Tamiflu or no tamiflu. I don't know about you guys but this has been on my mind lately and with the 2 girls that just died im so confused on what to do when the time comes to make decisions.

These girls where where so young, below is the article.

http://www.star-telegram.com/health/story/1648891.html

Maryann

the "regular" flu kills people every year sadly

with this new vaccine rushed through and untested, and the history of people getting Guillaine Barre syndrome from the last swine flu vaccines, plus all the other vaccine concerns for our kids, I personally would not have the vaccine.....

but

as with all vaccines

it is a personal decision

The 16 yo in Texas who died had multiple chronic medical problems. I have read about two healthy children with H1N1 that died last month, but they both died from secondary bacterial infections (strep). They also had strep at the same time, but no one tested them or treated them b/c they assumed the sore throats were from the flu.

We are not getting the vaccine. We have had the flu several years and have had excellent results with oscollococcinum. It cuts the viral load in half, has none of the side effects that tamiflu has, and can be given to anyone.

I think that it is really important if any family member gets the flu that they be closely monitored for any signs of a secondary infection and not just assume the symptoms are all related to the flu.

Colleen

i read this the other day and it scared the "be-jesus" out of me!

http://www.thenewstribune.com/news/northwe...91998.html#none

If i had any doubt before, this has confirmed my decison to NOT take it.

I'm a little confused though.......does the article imply that each state makes decisions on how much and what ingredients go into a vaccine? Would the vaccine that gets produce be the same for ALL states??

I've been increasing Vit D around here and have also added Olive Leaf Extract........I read something about that supp being good for decreasing the viral load. I've started taking it myself already cuz we're getting ready to fly to Canada in a couple weeks. I'm hoping it'll give us some protection against that recirculated germ-filled air on the plane.

My nephew had the swine flu...as did some of his friends from school and he recovered completely within a week or less. The doctor said it is not as bad as the regular flu. We don't do any flu vacines as we have been fine over the years...with a touch of it here and there but nothing lasting over 2 days or so. The media can really scare people.

Mary

Colleen,

is what you speak something that can be purchased at a health food store>

Thanks,

Deanna

Deanna-

Yes, you can buy oscollococcinum at health food stores. Alot of other stores sell it now also (target, walmart, cvs).

You take on vial at the first onset of symptoms, another vial six hrs. later, and one last vial in six more hours.

Colleen

Deanna-

Yes, you can buy oscollococcinum at health food stores. Alot of other stores sell it now also (target, walmart, cvs).

You take on vial at the first onset of symptoms, another vial six hrs. later, and one last vial in six more hours.

Colleen

[/quote

Go to iherb for oscollococcuinum its very expensive expecially if your buying for the whole falmily. It's half the price on iherb.

My daughter has low blood pressure. I have to check into it but I think olive leaf lowers your blood pressure. Im not sure ill have to do some research later.

Last year we all got the flu and I used sinus and respiratory by new chapter. IT has Garlic, oil of oregano,enchinacea,elderberry,goldenseal,andographis,green tea,astrgalus,melissa(leaf)mryrth, wintergreen exttract,

ginger, eucalyptus,peppermint, purple willow.

It worked good and I bought again for this year. I also used oscollococciunum.

I took my oldest son to Physician assistant a couple of days ago. He had a sore throat, head cold which moved into his chest, body aches etc. She said he had about 50% reduced lower lung something (don't know if she said sounds?) She wanted to do a breathing treatment to rule out pneumonnia. I told her he didn't react well to Albuterol and they were out of another drug, so she just kind of dropped it. He seems to be recovering well. I really only took him to rule out strep.

My youngest son who is more prone to pneummonia is going today. He has the same symptoms, only he isn't saying that it's hard for him to take a deep breath (older son said it was mildly hard for him). I have read one of the dangers of H1N1 is that it seems to infect in the deeper part of the lungs. Again, I'm taking younger son mostly to make sure there is no sign of strep, which as Colleeen pointed out, they are now saying that coinfections seem to be the culprit with severe H1N1 and related deaths. Younger son said that there are a lot of kids with strep at his school. Fever has not been an issue althought oldest said he thinks he had one in the night that broke. Youngest is normal this morning.

The PA shared that she had done her first H1N1 swab on a patient. She said the reason she swabbed this lady was because of all the symptoms + FEVER. She was negative, but again, I have read that the quick swabs are producing a lot of false negatives. After reading the article below, I'm wondering what everyone has????????

bolding mine/excerpt

http://www.recombinomics.com/News/09220901...1_Trial_Ab.html

Commentary

Widespread Pandemic Antibody Confounds Clinical Trial

Recombinomics Commentary 16:02

September 22, 2009

Data on symptomatic patients without fever suggests the frequency of infection without fever is above 50%. 30% of initial lab confirmed patients in Mexico, who were hospitalized because of breathing difficulties, did not have a fever. In Chile, the frequency of confirmed patients without fever was 50%. A recent study of transmission during a plane flight found that 36% of lab confirmed cases did not have a fever.

Thought others might want to read this too. I have also read that resveratrol blocks infectivity, but didn't save that link. Looks like it would work prior to being infected tho or very early into infection, as is said with Tamiflu.

Elderberry flavonoids bind to and prevent H1N1 infection in vitro.

Roschek B Jr, Fink RC, McMichael MD, Li D, Alberte RS.

Phytochemistry. 2009 Jul;70(10):1255- 61.

http://www.sciencedirect.com/science?_ob=A...565eb910dd3fbfe

Oh, that's good news to know about the elderberry as I just bought a huge bottle from Iherb. My naturopath also suggested we add in Esberitox(a super echinacea supplement) during this cold and flu season. We will not be getting the swine flu or any other flu vaccine this year.

Also, just to add some tidbits I've tried over the years:

For sore throat I make a tea out of steeping ginger root, lemon juice, and honey in hot water and sometimes add alcohol for dh to help him sleep if he's miserable. This really helps coat the throat. I buy bulk immunity herb blends from www.bulkherbstore.com and get the double E immunity booster and we drink the tea at the first sign of a cold or sore throat. It has the echinacea and elderberries and other immune enhancing herbs.

We take the esberitox, always have oscillococcinum on hand, have our Olbas cough syrup, and our essential oil diffusers ready for the next round of colds, etc. I also take olive leaf extract, oil of oregano, and take garlic supplements as well. The natural websites are touting Vitamin D as a HUGE flu and cold fighter so we supplement with that, as well. Of course, we also take Vitamin C and cod liver oil(for dh and I).

Another tip from our naturo's office for reducing fever as an alternative to fever reducing meds: do the wet sock therapy. Yes, she said wet socks! She takes a pair of soaked and wrung out medium weight cotton socks and puts them on her children's feet and then covers that with a dry wool sock that completely covers the wet sock. Leaving it on overnight or until the sock is dry. You can research this online but I know I'll try it if we ever get a low grade fever in our house! Not sure I'd do this for a fever of over 102, though??? Anyway, I hope this helps someone!

Bonnie

Maryann

the "regular" flu kills people every year sadly

with this new vaccine rushed through and untested, and the history of people getting Guillaine Barre syndrome from the last swine flu vaccines, plus all the other vaccine concerns for our kids, I personally would not have the vaccine.....

but

as with all vaccines

it is a personal decision

Hi Chemar I agree with you on the swine flu vaccine. The swine flu is still making me more nervous then the regular seasonal flu because it seems to be effecting kids more. The below article states that 76 kids already died in 2009 alone compare to the regular seasonal flu 44-88 kids died in the past three years. I find this very scary and I hope they find some connection of why these kids are dying. The last I read was the girl from Texas and they had brain swelling. Is there anything you can do to prevent brain swelling. Is anybody else worried about this or am I being paroniod. Below is the article http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNews/stor...ub=TopStoriesV2

I have read that the H1N1 does carry a warning it could cause Guillain-Barre Syndrome and Vasculitis.

CP

Thanks CSP I just googled Guillain-Barre Syndrome and Vasculitis and read of the warnings from the H1N1 vaccine and plus other warnings as well. SCARY!!!