ACN Latitudes Forums

Another antibiotics question

So, based on my post about our 20 day post IVIG setback, it appears we are not on enough abx. If I up DDs meds to 200 mg Zithromiacin daily, what do you do before the dentist visit? Do I give her a different, additional abx? Or an additional dose of the Zith?

ALso, for those of you who have the siblings on abx as well, how often do you give it to them? The ped has our non PANDAS child on Zith 2x/week. Would you want that child on abx daily as well or is 2x/week enough?

So, based on my post about our 20 day post IVIG setback, it appears we are not on enough abx. If I up DDs meds to 200 mg Zithromiacin daily, what do you do before the dentist visit? Do I give her a different, additional abx? Or an additional dose of the Zith?

ALso, for those of you who have the siblings on abx as well, how often do you give it to them? The ped has our non PANDAS child on Zith 2x/week. Would you want that child on abx daily as well or is 2x/week enough?

When my son went to the dentist last week and they found an infected tooth, the dentist prescribed an antibioitc. He knew my son was on zith for PANDAS and added erythromycin for the tooth.

I just read the second study Swedo and colleagues did on antibiotic prophylaxis for strep and they found 500 mg of zith once a week to be largely effective at preventing new strep infections. Don't quite remember the numbers but of 20 or so kids on the zith, only one got a strep infection during the year of the study.

I would add a different antibiotic prior to any dental visit. We have used Keflex on the day beofore, the day of, and the next day.

My kids take Zith daily, but when two of them have gotten ear infections, we add a different antibiotic for 10 days for the ear infection, continuing also with the daily Zith.

Colleen

I would add a different antibiotic prior to any dental visit. We have used Keflex on the day beofore, the day of, and the next day.

My kids take Zith daily, but when two of them have gotten ear infections, we add a different antibiotic for 10 days for the ear infection, continuing also with the daily Zith.

Colleen

Why do you add the antibiotic prior to the dental visit? Is it because of the cleaning possibly putting bacteria in the blood? Just curious. Thanks, Alex