ACN Latitudes Forums

Just curious if this is a common thing or just my ds

ajcire

My ds is very big on minding everyone else's business (especially his sister) It is always worse when he has strep. I noticed so many behaviors that are similar in my ds as in others (constant attention to detail, argues if not exact and stuff like that) so I was wondering if this is just a lovely trait of my ds or if others see it. I mean, I keep reminding him to worry about himself and to just keep track of himself and he knows what I mean but no sooner than I say it is he already reporting to me on what she is doing... like she is sharpening a pencil that he thinks is sharp enough... he gets so focused on it that no matter what he has to make it a big deal.... he always needs that last word in too. I should add that while he is not a behavior issue at school his teacher said that he was constantly telling her who was doing what but she would just remind him who was in charge (she was very good with him and did seem to get that this was who he was, not him being bad) .. she said if she needed to know who already had a turn he would instantly raise his hand to tell her who already went.. stuff like that..

And one more thought.... my mom just asked me if I thought that even before ds's eye blinking at the age of 2 if it was possible that his inability to go to sleep without crying first was related... She doesn't mean as an infant when he was an awful sleeper because most newborns are but she means even beyond that even at the age of 2 I couldn't get him to nap without him crying first... I mean, my initial thought was no, he was just a bad sleeper...at 18 months I remember he would go in really easy if he was in his bed instead of crib and I laid next to him.. if I got up instant tears.. if I stayed not one tear... I of course would hate to think that was the case because that would make me feel awful for the times that I really fought hard to not have to stay with him at the age of 2 and up... at 3 we finally got him to sleep in his bed without us in his room... then this started at the age of 6.

YES! My son does that. I don't actually have it listed with bothersome behaviors b/c I've had a hard time trying to describe it.

During exacerbation, he's too involved with other people in public. He says things to people in a wierd tone, "Hey lady, what'cha doin'?." He is very into what others are doing at a restaurant or store whereas he is not really a precocious kid or interested in strangers at other times.

On his report card last year,(preschool) his teacher wrote something about him being critcal of others and provoking them. I think what you describe is it. She said it wasn't malicious but he'd tell them they were doing it wrong and argue about it and not let them figure it out by themselves.

Yes! My ds would not just initiate with a stranger at all but with his classmates and what not yes... In fact his report card is now done electronically and the teachers had to select from choices... she selected disrupts class. I totally knew what she meant but I did ask her to make sure I was right... I really would have been shocked if he was actually doing disruptive behavior in class... he wasn't but he was having to be the one to answer..telling the teacher if she was off schedule even though if she was, it was intentional, telling her what kids were doing..... She told me she felt bad choosing the choice of disruptive but there was no category to describe it. She said the other kids weren't really paying attention to it yet but she agreed that as he gets older this can be a problem as other kids will pick up on it. He truly thinks he is being helpful. It is like he can't not finish his thought of it too so if I stop him while he is saying it he gets very upset and usually just says it anyway... I feel like he needs to just learn when to stop talking to stay out of trouble sometimes.

He also has a very hard time with the word I'm sorry. If he does something by accident, to him he didn't do it so he wont' say sorry.. if he does it on purpose he is more likely to apologize.

YES! My son does that. I don't actually have it listed with bothersome behaviors b/c I've had a hard time trying to describe it.

During exacerbation, he's too involved with other people in public. He says things to people in a wierd tone, "Hey lady, what'cha doin'?." He is very into what others are doing at a restaurant or store whereas he is not really a precocious kid or interested in strangers at other times.

On his report card last year,(preschool) his teacher wrote something about him being critcal of others and provoking them. I think what you describe is it. She said it wasn't malicious but he'd tell them they were doing it wrong and argue about it and not let them figure it out by themselves.