ACN Latitudes Forums

Glycine question. Carolyn N

kimwal

Carolyn and I take our boys to the same naturopath and I have done the glycine and B6 together to get the tics to settle down and have seen results, as well. My son is 10 and weighs around 80 pounds. He gets up to 200 mg of B6 for 3 days straight and then I start tapering down. I saw no hyper activity or jitteriness. It took about 4 days for the tics to settle down and I kept giving him around 7500 mg glycine and did that for 6 days. He usually gets between 2400 to 4800 mg of glycine a day.

I had my doubts but it did work and I'm not sure if it was coincidence or not but I think it worked well. Hope this helps!

Bonnie

Carolyn and I take our boys to the same naturopath and I have done the glycine and B6 together to get the tics to settle down and have seen results, as well. My son is 10 and weighs around 80 pounds. He gets up to 200 mg of B6 for 3 days straight and then I start tapering down. I saw no hyper activity or jitteriness. It took about 4 days for the tics to settle down and I kept giving him around 7500 mg glycine and did that for 6 days. He usually gets between 2400 to 4800 mg of glycine a day.

I had my doubts but it did work and I'm not sure if it was coincidence or not but I think it worked well. Hope this helps!

Bonnie

How long was it before you saw results??

how long did it take before you saw results?

I believe I noted that in my post that it took 4 days. It never actually takes away the tics completely, the supplements just make them less frequent and less intense. So, most people probably don't even notice the tics. I know that Carolyn sees results by day 3, though, so it will be different for everyone and may not work for everyone. We all know how 'what works for one person, may not work for another'.

Bonnie

Hello,

I am so sorry for not answering you sooner. I was out of town for a few days and I only just realized I had not checked the forum since I got back :(.

Anyhow, Bonnie pretty much covered exactly what I am doing for my son. Bonnie's son and my son are just a year apart in age. My son is 60 pounds and 9 years old. He takes 50 mg's of B6 every day and when his tics get going I give him either 100 mg's or 150 mg's for about 3 days. This really does seem to help him. I also give him up to 10,000 mg's of glycine when the tics get going. The doctor said I could do that for up to 8 days I believe but I never have had to do it that long by any stretch. Like Bonnie said for Daniel it takes about 3 days to settle them down with this regimine. As a matter of fact it has been a long time since I have done the full 10,000 on bad tic days. I usually give him around 6,000 mg's on those days.

Usually Daniel gets about 4,800 mg's of glycine a day. I have been giving him more around 2,500 mg's recently. He has been doing fairly well so I am backing off.

Regarding the B6 causing hyper reaction I have never read this. But I am sure it could in some people depending on their chemistry. I have never had this with Daniel though. It has only ever helped him.

Regarding how much to give for that weight you asked I wish I could tell you. I just have to wonder if you could not start with what Bonnie and I are doing for our son's and see if you get good results. I know if you look at the back of the TS-Plus bottle of vitamins for Tics/Tourettes/OCD it states that a person weighing 90 pounds or more should take 100 mg's of B6 a day standard. So I would have to think to really help settle the tics down you would be at over 200 mg's a day for say 3 days. But at least get on the standard amount.

I would also read up on the side effects of the glycine. I know certain people should avoid it and I think it is people who have liver/kidney issues. But it has been a while since I read it so you could just do an Internet search and come up with some answers.

Also have you tried Epsom Salts baths. 2 cups in a tub of water up to 2 times a day. This seems to help too.

Any other questions, please feel free to ask. Sorry again for the long delay in getting back to you :(

Carolyn