ACN Latitudes Forums

For 4 days I was basically tic free (R-rated story)

guy123

it's been mentioned here before that tics essentially go away for most people most of the time during sex.

Alright. This story deals with adult themes so let's be grown ups here.

On Friday night I spent the night at my gf's apartment. On Saturday morning we were having sex and after a while her mother buzzed her apartment. Now, her mom was supposed to come over that day but she was like 30 minutes early so we weren't expecting her yet. lol. Anyway, we had to stop before either of us could "finish."

Fast forward to later in the day: I noticed that my eye blinking tic was practically non-existent. Let me break it down for you. One a 1-10 scale where 1 is "normal (no tics)" and 10 is "nearly constant ticcing," before I ever started on Clonidine every day was an 8. I never waxed. I never waned. Every day was always an 8 all the time for the entire day. After starting Clonidine, days range from between 4 and 8. But on Saturday, I noticed it was like a 2. I was definitely enjoying it.

After a while, I started to wonder if something was going on chemically in my brain related to the sex that morning. I know my tic vanishes during sex (or masturbation), so I wonder if whatever process is responsible for that never got "shut off," so to speak. But there have been times in the past when I "didn't finish" having sex and it never had this result, so maybe it was just a little fluke or something.

Anyway, I noticed that this persisted through Tuesday evening. It was WONDERFUL. Literally, my tic was almost completely gone for the entire days. For a few minutes here and there I would get the urge to blink hard a couple times but overall it was gone and I wasn't even thinking about it since the sensation wasn't there to begin with.

Anyway, Tuesday evening I ended up masturbating (sorry, I've got urges and my gf is out of town) and that seems to have "reset" whatever was going on in my brain. Today (Wednesday) the tic was back to normal.

I just wanted to share my experience here. In 11 years of having a chronic tic, I've never experienced such a great relief in symptoms as I did for those 4 days. I've always hypothesized that if they could isolate what is going on in the brain during sex that stops the tics, that it could be recreated in pill form to calm the tics even when you're not actually having sex (assuming this could be done without exhausting the nervous system or whatever). I wish I had the resources to pursue this further*.

The only other thing is that a few days prior to that (like last Wednesday or Thursday) I took a B complex and also 1/2 of a B-12 (methyl-) tablet that had like 8,000% of the RDA in it. But I've done that before and never experienced a great relief.

So my working hypothesis is that some of the sex chemicals that temporarily eliminate tics stayed in circulation during my brain for those 4 days and it's probably related to the fact that I never orgasmed during the session since we were interrupted. But again, that's happened before and my tics didn't go away, so... I guess maybe I'll have to experiment. lol.

* Hook people up to MRIs, PET scans, etc. Observe normal brain activity and neurotransmitter activity. Then get the person sexually excited (might be a little odd to do this in a lab but hey, it's for science). Observe the reduction in tics. Observe the change in brain and neurotransmitter activity. The natural hypothesis is that said change in brain activity is responsible for reduction in tics. Attempt to artificially recreate said changes in brain chemistry through the use of drugs rather than actually making the person have sex. If tics are reduced, success.

btw if anyone here has the resources to do this and it ends up working, PM me because I want the procedure named after me if it's successful :lol:

......well don't single people have all the fun??? :unsure: (yea, read that in sarcastic tone, :P ).

guy, I think there is probably something there re the seratonin, endorphins, etc. that have to do with pleasure and feel good nuetrotransmitters and all that type stuff. probably along the same lines as excersize releasing endorphins and that being good for depression. I'm sure if you googled some keywords, there probably is something to what you say. Dr. Brothers and Dr. Ruth may have that all sewn up tho, so don't know if you've discovered anything new, lol.

wish I could be of more help, but with all I got to deal with around here, my house is pretty "G" rated these days, lol...... :blink:

(cliff notes, R-rated Saturday mornings,..............you're startin' to get on my nerves now, guy! :D

Faith

I have been reading this forum for awhile and never posted.

Guy123, I have seen some of your other "R-rated" posts.

Dude, seriously, I know you are trying to seek help for your tics, and trying to help others, but, man, too much information.

You know, most of the members on here are women, you are not talking to a bunch of your buddies in the locker room. I am pretty sure they don't really need to hear about your "activities."

All due respect,man,but, let's all be adults here, just adults with a bit of class.

You could easily get your point across without all the personal details .

......well don't single people have all the fun??? :unsure: (yea, read that in sarcastic tone, :P ).

guy, I think there is probably something there re the seratonin, endorphins, etc. that have to do with pleasure and feel good nuetrotransmitters and all that type stuff. probably along the same lines as excersize releasing endorphins and that being good for depression. I'm sure if you googled some keywords, there probably is something to what you say. Dr. Brothers and Dr. Ruth may have that all sewn up tho, so don't know if you've discovered anything new, lol.

wish I could be of more help, but with all I got to deal with around here, my house is pretty "G" rated these days, lol...... :blink:

(cliff notes, R-rated Saturday mornings,..............you're startin' to get on my nerves now, guy! :D

Faith

lol.

Well, I know there are a lot of neurotransmitters involved in sex as well as in exercise, but exercising never causes a reduction in tics.

Sex increases dopamine. Cocaine also increases dopamine, but cocaine causes an exacerbation in tics. Dopamine blockers typically cause a decrease in tics but also have a host of horrible side effects.

I am interested in the specific changes that occur during sex and I don't believe its ever been studied before on someone with TS or tics.

I have been reading this forum for awhile and never posted.

Guy123, I have seen some of your other "R-rated" posts.

Dude, seriously, I know you are trying to seek help for your tics, and trying to help others, but, man, too much information.

You know, most of the members on here are women, you are not talking to a bunch of your buddies in the locker room. I am pretty sure they don't really need to hear about your "activities."

All due respect,man,but, let's all be adults here, just adults with a bit of class.

You could easily get your point across without all the personal details .

Are you serious?

First of all, it would've been impossible to convey that story without mentioning that I was having sex and specifically that I didn't orgasm, both of which were unique variables and therefore absolutely relevant to the discussion here. How was that too much information? I'm pretty sure all the "women on this forum" know what sex is, I'm pretty sure they know what masturbation is, and I'm pretty sure they know what an orgasm is, too. It's not like it was X-rated, nor was it detailed. In fact, I think I gave about the least amount of details possible for the story to still make sense; hardly a "locker room discussion." It's not like I mentioned positions, who was wearing what, who was screaming, what they were saying, where we were, or anything that would begin to put the story into "locker room talk" territory.

This is (essentially) a medical discussion forum. Haven't you ever talked about sex with your doctor? I have. I told my doctor that the clonidine was making it difficult to maintain an erection so I reduced the dose. And I've mentioned that on this forum before, too. Do you know why? Because it's relevant to the discussion here when someone asks about Clonidine side effects. Seriously. Do you just giggle and blush when your doctor asks you a sexual question?

My number one priority is eliminating my tic, and the solution will likely involve neurotransmitter modulation. Guess what happens during sexual intercourse? Neurotransmitter activity!! Therefore, discussion of what happens in the brain during sex is appropriate and relevant to the discussion on this forum.

Sorry if that offends you. But I did put an R-Rating warning on the thread so if you are offended by talking about orgasms you didn't have to click in the thread.

Let me give you an example of how you can get your point across more discretely.

"I have noticed that sex not ending in orgasm led to a reduction in my tic which lasted for days. However, after reaching orgasm a few days later, my tic returned to original intensity."

You by no means gave the least amount of information possible for the story to make sense.

Exact same point in two sentences.

See what I mean about too much information?

Man, I am quite confident the women on here know what sex, etc. is, and, I am obviously not afraid, or blush and giggle, at the mention of it. I also know most women would appreciate a more subtle approach.

This forum mostly has Moms trying to help kids. They don't really relate to that part with their young children.

Notice you are not getting much response on this one?

Like I said, best of luck to you, just perhaps edit before you send next time.

You did make a good point. You did put it in your topic header. I did not have to click on it.

fair enough.

and my threads normally dont get much response anyway :angry:

but i also didnt ask any questions; i was just relaying an experience. i wasnt really expecting any responses unless someone wanted to geek out with me about neurotransmitters, but people tend to prefer to do that via PM for some reason.

cheers.

Well all this is making me laugh at least. anyone else crackin up? lol.

okay "guys", you both make some good points. guy knows that we know him here, don't think he meant to be anything but analytical. on the other hand, discretion can be a good thing too. ;) As for me, I'll just keep ribbin him as long as he let's me...............takes my mind off MY troubles, :angry:

cheers

Faith

Also I don't see how you can possibly turn this new found experience of tic-reduction into anyting worthwhile.

Well, it sounds as if he's willing to walk around "sexually frustrated" most of the time.....he could be tic free most of the time as well.... :(

(but, yeah, not a technique most would chose....certainly not for kids, and,...hah....even most adults would want to weigh the pros and cons before signing up for this as long term therapy ...lol!)

I have always found it interesting how so many afflictions "abate" during sex, though....I always figured that was do to a "mind body" thing....your mind was very focused NOT on the other afflictions....so you didnt notice them then.....but maybe it does have something to do with neurotransmitters, etc....?

Also I don't see how you can possibly turn this new found experience of tic-reduction into anyting worthwhile.

Well, it sounds as if he's willing to walk around "sexually frustrated" most of the time.....he could be tic free most of the time as well.... ^_^

(but, yeah, not a technique most would chose....certainly not for kids, and,...hah....even most adults would want to weigh the pros and cons before signing up for this as long term therapy ...lol!)

I have always found it interesting how so many afflictions "abate" during sex, though....I always figured that was do to a "mind body" thing....your mind was very focused NOT on the other afflictions....so you didnt notice them then.....but maybe it does have something to do with neurotransmitters, etc....?

long term therapy, haha =)

Yeah I think it has to do with your mind being occupied. I am almost tic free when I play intense computer games, study while being very focused etc. Then they of course come again but yeah

Oh please, if I wanted to brag about having sex there are other forums on the internet that would be way more appropriate.

I suspect the reason tics sometimes go away when you're focused on something is because of neurotransmitter activity.

Hey JensFromSweden, on a totally unrelated note, I just went to a Stratovarius concert last week. Their keyboardist is named Jens and he's from Sweden. Jens Johannson. He's awesome. Your username reminded me of that :P