ACN Latitudes Forums

Rh negativity

peglem

This may be way out there- but back when my daughter was 1st dx'd(?) with autism, I went to a lot of seminars and conferences and something that was frequently pointed out was that there seemed to be a disproportionate number of Rh negative women who mothered autistic children. I don't think an actual link was ever established. But Rhogam works by preventing moms from developing IgG against RhD antigens....so I wonder if that could have an effect on the immune system of the infant. Also wondered how many of our PANDAS kids had neonatal high bilirubin levels.

So, how many of you moms are Rh-, and how many had babies w/ high bilirubin?

Neither here, but my mom is RH- (I'm her oldest, so no meds for first pregnancy) and I was jaundiced as a newborn myself and have had strep issues, though not PANDAS, or at least as bad as my daughter has it.

Hi Im rh- too danny had higher bily also but just had to put him in sunlight for a few days, he is also asd I commented on this a while back and got no response .I remember the day I recieved the rogam shot!!! I didnt need it either both me and my husband are rh-(A-) my kids are a- too so .

Melanie.

Hi Im rh- too danny had higher bily also but just had to put him in sunlight for a few days, he is also asd I commented on this a while back and got no response .I remember the day I recieved the rogam shot!!! I didnt need it either both me and my husband are rh-(A-) my kids are a- too so .

Melanie.

I had an Rh- friend who was married to an Rh- man. The doctors always insisted she get Rhogam anyway, even though its impossible that the baby will be positive.

• 5 years later...

Just a FYI

http://www.lawyershop.com/practice-areas/personal-injury/dangerous-drugs/vaccines/rhogam/thimerosal

When Did RhoGAM® Contain Thimerosal?

The RhoGAM® treatment that is currently being produced does not contain thimerosal. Patients who have been raising concern about the dangerous side effects of RhoGAM® use during pregnancy received the treatment between 1968 and 2001. These individuals claim that the ADHD and DSI symptoms their children are presently exhibiting are rooted in their prenatal exposure to mercury. RhoGAM® lawyers are presenting these cases and pushing for further investigation into ethylmercury.

I got the shots in 1992. I don't know about this shot, but I've read that when they pulled the Thimerosal from some of the other childhood vaccines, that they still used up the lots containing Thimerosal - they didn't get rid of them.

And I'm a bit confused about all this anyway... I'm always hearing there is no concern now as Thimerosal has been pulled from childhood vaccines, but don't mother and baby STILL get flu shots with Thimerosal?

Kim, I'll check out your link. Thanks.

I don't know about this shot, but I've read that when they pulled the Thimerosal from some of the other childhood vaccines, that they still used up the lots containing Thimerosal - they didn't get rid of them

that is my understanding too.

Searching f/h, can you spare my computer eyeballs some stress and explain how these shots are given? Is it after the 1st pregnancy, during the 2nd or what?

excerpt from

http://thinkingmomsrevolution.com/the-thompson-transcripts-shocking-revelations-by-the-cdc-whistleblower/

Dr. Thompson then brings Dr. Hooker’s attention to the SEED project, which he refers to as “Disneyland” (of data), and how this data set contains the health records of some 1200 children, 800 of which are confirmed autistic, with complete vaccination records, including prenatal vaccines and RhoGAM shots. This data has yet to be released to the public for study. In fact, according to Dr. Thompson, “it is under lock and key.” However, as Dr. Thompson says, “So far there is about sixty proposals in, um, for people ready to do studies. Not a single one of them looks at vaccines, not one!” He is clearly outraged by this when he recounts how he asked his colleagues What are you going to say when you have twelve hundred autism cases and a bunch of controls and you never looked at vaccines and you have all their vaccine records?” Dr. Thompson describes the SEED data as a “. . . gold mine. That’s the mother-load of mother-loads (sic). Because it doesn’t matter what Insel does.” He is referring to the promise Thomas Insel, chairman of the Interagency Autism Coordinating Committee, made to Rep. Bill Posey in a congressional hearing that took place on May 20, 2014, that a study comparing health outcomes of vaccinated children with those of unvaccinated children would be done. It has not been done. Interestingly, according to Thompson, “The CDC was invited to testify [at that hearing] and they declined” and “. . . Coleen (Boyle) said that she would never go and testify again.

I had an Rh- friend who was married to an Rh- man. The doctors always insisted she get Rhogam anyway, even though its impossible that the baby will be positive.

Yes, two Rh negative parents can have a Rh positive child though.