ACN Latitudes Forums

Dr Latimer

We saw Dr Latimer this week. Was it ever worth it!!!

Can not describe how great it was to talk to a doctor who knows PANDAS and treats children with PANDAS.

She reviewed all the records I brought in. Did a detailed exam.

Very good!!! So worth it.

Do it if you can!!! You won't believe it. My son told me thanks for taking me there mom.

Alicia

How expensive is a visit ? How much does she charge for a consult ? Is she in network for BC/BS ?

I would never be able to afford to fly there and pay for an appointment. So I am thankful for the info people provide from those visits. She does sound great! I'm sure in due time, she will write her own book.

A visit is $580 and she is not in-network for any insurance, you have to pay on the spot but the office will submit to your insurance (they are all REALLY nice there)...My insurance company said they would make an out of network exception and cover the visit if I could establish that his condition was not treated by any local doctors. This sounded reasonable, but I live in NYC so when I started calling neurologists they all said "Sure, I treat PANDAS!", though, as we all know, they don't really... in the end I gave up and paid the $580.

It was worth it, though I drive 5 hours each way in one day with my PANDAS kid and we came home mentally and physically exhausted. I hope we are now on the right path.

I don't know if she charges less for a phone visit.

$400 for a phone consult & she will work with Local doctors.

A visit is $580 and she is not in-network for any insurance, you have to pay on the spot but the office will submit to your insurance (they are all REALLY nice there)...My insurance company said they would make an out of network exception and cover the visit if I could establish that his condition was not treated by any local doctors. This sounded reasonable, but I live in NYC so when I started calling neurologists they all said "Sure, I treat PANDAS!", though, as we all know, they don't really... in the end I gave up and paid the $580.

It was worth it, though I drive 5 hours each way in one day with my PANDAS kid and we came home mentally and physically exhausted. I hope we are now on the right path.

I don't know if she charges less for a phone visit.

Dr. Latimer is out of network for BCBS but Georgetown Hospital was in-network for BCBS and they picked up the tab for PEX. Not cheap either. I think we ended up just paying up to 1500 which was our in network deductible. However they coded it worked.

How expensive is a visit ? How much does she charge for a consult ? Is she in network for BC/BS ?

I would never be able to afford to fly there and pay for an appointment. So I am thankful for the info people provide from those visits. She does sound great! I'm sure in due time, she will write her own book.

Hey Mom md, How much was the total PEX bill and how much did insurance pay. IVIG with Dr. K can be up to 10 grand, wondering if PEX is similiar. Thanks

Dr. Latimer is out of network for BCBS but Georgetown Hospital was in-network for BCBS and they picked up the tab for PEX. Not cheap either. I think we ended up just paying up to 1500 which was our in network deductible. However they coded it worked.

Hey Mom md, How much was the total PEX bill and how much did insurance pay. IVIG with Dr. K can be up to 10 grand, wondering if PEX is similiar. Thanks

Or around 12K if your child weighs 100 lbs.! Weee! :( Thank you Risperdal. At least he's tall and 10 1/2. $112/g of IVIG.

Dawn

My ds8 had IVIG with Dr. K last march and we were shocked when BCBS of NC sent us a reimbursement check. They ended up coving all but about $1000

We saw Dr Latimer this week. Was it ever worth it!!!

Can not describe how great it was to talk to a doctor who knows PANDAS and treats children with PANDAS.

She reviewed all the records I brought in. Did a detailed exam.

Very good!!! So worth it.

Do it if you can!!! You won't believe it. My son told me thanks for taking me there mom.

Alicia