ACN Latitudes Forums

Phone Consult with Dr.L

Char

Hi,

So I took my son back to his doctor. I showed him Cunninghams Study and showed what my sons Cam-Kinase II score was. He agreed to give my son a trial

Of Azith 250mg a day, for 6 weeks. My son has taken it for 2 days now, today will be his third day. So far I haven't seen again good or bad of a difference, so far. My sons doctor wants my son to see a Ped.Pysc.. He said that the Ped-Pysc., sees some Pandas kids. However, my sons doctor said as far as he knows, all that Ped-Pysc, does, is uses antibiotics and some other meds, that I am not willing to use for my son!!! In Canada they cannot do more then that for treatments because of strict laws. So I don't know if I should even see the Ped-Psyc or not??

I have emailed Dr.Latimer and she said to set up a phone consult with her. So I did and it is set for Oct/06. I wish it was sooner but, I guess I have to be patient. Does Dr.Latimer prescribe meds over the phone or does she work with a doctor in your area? Thanks Char...

Hi Char-

Well thats a little progress at least.

Give the meds a month! It takes a while to eradicated the infection, esp if intracellular. Then the brain can begin healing. It is definately a process that takes time.

I would consider seeing the psych. It may help you to have an official diagnosis (if you don't already) in writing by a medical doctor. After that, maybe your ped would consult with Dr Latimer about steroids.

HI Char,

thats good news. Did you get my email I sent last night??

Deanna