ACN Latitudes Forums

Question? about Dr.Latimer

Char

Hi, from what I hear Dr.Latimer sounds like a great Doctor. Does she consider Cunninghams research Study a good test to see if a child has Pandas or not? I read somewhere on here I can't remember were but someone saying she says to get the test done. Right?? So my question is, will she treat for Pandas after she sees your child is in the Pandas range on the research study test? I know she also goes on symptoms too. I am trying to research my options for my son. I am from Canada so, I have been searching too see if there are doctors in Canada who treat Pandas and it seems they do but, the treatment is limited to antibiotics and that is where it stops. They do not offer other treatments :wacko: Any feedback would be appreciated Thanks Char...

Hi, from what I hear Dr.Latimer sounds like a great Doctor. Does she consider Cunninghams research Study a good test to see if a child has Pandas or not? I read somewhere on here I can't remember were but someone saying she says to get the test done. Right?? So my question is, will she treat for Pandas after she sees your child is in the Pandas range on the research study test? I know she also goes on symptoms too. I am trying to research my options for my son. I am from Canada so, I have been searching too see if there are doctors in Canada who treat Pandas and it seems they do but, the treatment is limited to antibiotics and that is where it stops. They do not offer other treatments :wacko: Any feedback would be appreciated Thanks Char...

Hi Char, I think you'd really have to ask Dr. Latimer that question. She is wonderful -- insight and experience. She looks at the "whole" child and determines treatment individually. I'd call her and have a phone consult re: your child's symptoms and history.

Also, because it is good to have a local doctor who is close enough to drive to, I might consider trying one or two of the doctors in your area that you have heard are treating PANDAS, you never really know what they will do until they see your child-- Antibiotics may be enough...at least to get started (if you haven't been on them already.) All the best--