ACN Latitudes Forums

I think its working!

melanie

Ok I think Im seeing some good stuff post iVIG!!!Back at scholl and doing math !1He hasnt done math in a year.Hes using a calculator but.. hey I dont care HES DOING MATH!!Also hes not hearing me stammer as much I can say dan dan dan and nothing no tic at dinner we ate without any tic OMG!! I dont want to look to deeply its only a week but Oh he also doesnt seem so pissed off all of the time keep the prayer going

Melanie

Melanie,

that is GREAT NEWS!!!! I am so happy for you hope it just continues to get better and better.

Deanna

Oh my gosh Melanie - what wonderful news!!

We are also at 1 1/2 weeks post IVIG and we are seeing such great results. It is a rocky road though. One moment we are amazed at something our son did and the next moment we think he has regressed in another area. Overall we see definite healing!!

I am so very happy that you are also seeing results. Keep us all posted.

elizabeth

What wonderful news on this thread. Praying the good things keep coming!

Super-de-duper, Melanie!! :) We should be off to Chicago for (insurance approved!) IVIG in the next month. Waiting for them to find a date for us.

Dawn

Hi

Thanks ,Ill keep posting elizabeth and keith I see good and also different (makes sence) Dawn ,good luck and I LOVE THIS FORUM!!!

melanie

Melanie,

hooray! :)

BTW is your son on an antibiotic? Which one and what dose?

No and I asked why and he says he dosent want him on it right now.I dont know why .I did add a 200mgadvil daily myself so .Hes doing good in school (special ed school) doing his work Im ok I am seeing some good results and am happy now, If he is exposed to strep will it ruin everything IVIG?

Melanie

Melanie,

hooray! :)

BTW is your son on an antibiotic? Which one and what dose?

No and I asked why and he says he dosent want him on it right now.I dont know why .I did add a 200mgadvil daily myself so .Hes doing good in school (special ed school) doing his work Im ok I am seeing some good results and am happy now, If he is exposed to strep will it ruin everything IVIG?

Melanie

Yes, if he gets strep again it may ruin everything. Even the Swedo kids (in the ivig/pex study) were on prophylactic antibiotics. Pretty much everyone stays on prophylatic abs post IVIG..."until PANDAS is a distant memory" says Dr. Latimer.