ACN Latitudes Forums

Dr. Latimer

Debbie1

Can someone tell me the phone number for Dr. Latimer? Does she do phone consults? Does she take insurance?

We are in the midst of an exacerbation following a rough summer. I have been waiting...and waiting ...and waiting for our doctor to call me back this time around. So frustrating. I just want to cry.

Thanks,

Debbie

Can someone tell me the phone number for Dr. Latimer? Does she do phone consults? Does she take insurance?

We are in the midst of an exacerbation following a rough summer. I have been waiting...and waiting ...and waiting for our doctor to call me back this time around. So frustrating. I just want to cry.

Thanks,

Debbie

We just seen Dr. Latimer on Aug. 24 for the first time. The cost was $580 this included a consult fee; her regular office hour visit is $180 I believe. We were told that the insurance she accepts is Medicare and Medicad

Her office will bill your insurance for you as an "out of network" provider, so you may get some reimbursment from your insurance company...still waiting for ours though.

We saw her on June 5th, and last night we had a phone consult with her...each time I was left feeling that she is a great doctor who really cares...don't hesitate to contact her.

Thank you everyone for the quick response. I will contact her office.

Has anyone here done phone consults before going to see her? Were they productive or is the office visit really necessary? Do you know which hospital she is affiliated with?

Thanks,

Debbie

It depends. If all you want is a consult with a knowledgeable PANDAS doctor then do it with Dr K. Its $325, but worth every penny (check out his website www.webpediatrics.com ). If you intend on doing IVIG or Plasma exchange and would like to have it covered by insurance, then you would probably need to actually see the doctor in person. I doubt insurance would cover you based on a phone consult with a Doctor. If thats the case, choose whichever doctor is closer to you or cheaper to travel to etc

Thank you everyone for the quick response. I will contact her office.

Has anyone here done phone consults before going to see her? Were they productive or is the office visit really necessary? Do you know which hospital she is affiliated with?

Thanks,

Debbie

I'll just add that she does look out for various physical symptoms (such as the way the child sits i.e. upright or hunched over, and she has the child outstretch their arms to detect chorean movement etc) which she couldn't check via a phone consult.

How many visits would one need in order to make a real plan with her? We are on the west coast and I am considering contacting her next. But am not sure how the logistics would work with such a distance.

That is probably something that you would need to discuss with her. I really think she treats each case individually. In my dd's case, this was the first recognizable episode, and she was very healthy prior to ithis happening to her so I think our case was not very complicated...so we have only gone to her one time so far.

~good luck

Karen