ACN Latitudes Forums

Thoughts on the swine flu?

ilovedogs

I just read today that they said that a high percentage of the pediatric deaths were kids with underlying neurodevelopmental issues like cerebral palsy, epilepsy, etc. Are kids with PANDAS and Tourettes considered a high risk group for this flu then? I am not planning on having our family get the swine flu vaccine but I wanted to know if any of you are taking measures to protect your kids or if you are concerned.

Bonnie

The pediatric deaths are in kids who are very, very sick already, IMO, not in kids with autoimmune disorders. I think the deaths are very hyped also. They are in children who are not receiving good medical care.

Two deaths that I have read about, were actually due to the fact that the children had an active strep infection, but b/c their symptoms were "chalked up to" just flu symptoms, they were not treated for the strep infection. The parents were told the sore throat was just a flu symptom.

Definitely not doing the vaccine. I am giving my kids vitamin D (D 3) to help prevent flu and will increase the dose a lot if they get the flu. (read about Vitamin D for the flu).

At the very first sign of the flu, I will give oscillococinum. I have used it many times before with the flu and it works exteremely well. It cuts the "viral load" in half. I always worry about illnesses with my kids, but the vaccine, IMO, is so incredibly dangerous, I would not even consider giving it.

Colleen

Bonnie,

I'm not worried about the flu either. I'm just going to feed my kids a really good diet and make sure they have a cup of tea (checking into the best teas) before school. I'm working on recipes with garlic so our family will eat garlic 3 to 4 times a week.

CP

My son had the swine flu. It is very hard in our area and schools now. If you notice they symtpoms ( basically same as flu, chills, fever, aches) then go straight to doc. and get on tamiflu. It does not cure it but makes it not as long . My son was out of school a week.

It did make his tics worse but so does other illnesses. Once it gets in your community it spreads like wildfire.

Its definitely not any fun

I'm not that worried about the swine flu, and neither my baby or I will be getting the shot. I think they are making a big deal out of it when to me it sounds basically like what I call the achy flu. I do think that it could be hard on little one's, the elderly, and peope with immune system problems, but I think it's important to just wash hands, etc. We've had one case of the swine flu in the other elem. school in the district that I teach in. We have a lot of swine flu in this area. I'm really glad that my son isn't in day-care.

Carolyn

I am not at all worried either. They say it mostly effects people already weak, which is the same with any flu. Look what can happen to the elderly or someone with a very week immune system when they pneumonia. We just try our best with washing hands, eating healthy...that is all that can be done.

Mary