ACN Latitudes Forums

Update on Nicholas

abbe

Hello,

I wanted to start a new thread because I feel that I am entering another phase in Nick's recovery . Has anyone out there tried to clear mercury from their child but by doing so upset the intestinal balance of yeast in their system and therefore caused tics. I think there is a possibility that this new supp. that I tried for nicholas did just that. It is called OSR #1. Also what form of buffered c do you like.

thanks abbe

abbe,

Did you try a dairy free diet with your son? You mentioned his tics erupting after eating a lot of dairy (sour cream, etc....).

I am just curious.

You also mentioned mycoplasma infection. Has he been on a lot of antibiotics recently?

Did you test for metals? We had a naturopath prescribe a metals chelation for our son and it made me very uncomfortable as she did not test for metals first. I gave it to him one day and then called and asked if I could have metals testing done first. She was not too thrilled with me so I went elsewhere for the tests. Our new Dan doc ran them and they showed he had no metals poisoning at all. He had anemia and was high in copper (coupled together this pointed to probably celiac). For us that was the answer.

I just mentioned the dairy because MANY folks on this board doing elimination diets have seen significant improvement just by removing dairy and the improvement shows within a week. You have a lot going on. This may not be the issue but in the event it is a major trigger it is an easy fix. There are a lot of non-dairy options these days. Our local grocer now sells coconut yogurt and milk, for example. Palm oil makes a good frosting for a cake, etc.....

Caryn

(Who's son used to be dairy free when he had a leaky gut but now eats it again and has no or very low symptoms now for 2 years and counting. All we do is watch what he eats and avoid gluten, wheat, corn, and artificial colors, flavors, and preservatives. He takes normal doses of vitamins and minerals and fish oil. We supplement with vit. D in the winter.)

Hi Abbe

we used chlorella coupled with acupuncture/biofeedback when mercury detoxing.

after the tests showed his systemic mercury levels were way down to below "normal" range, our physician recommended alpha lipoic acid to mop up the rest (one has to use this last as it crosses the blood brain barrier and so can attach mercury and carry it into the brain)

we had already done the candida elimination and didnt find any flare up of that so it is possible that the remedy you are using may be affecting his GIT...do you know what is in it?

abbe,

Did you try a dairy free diet with your son? You mentioned his tics erupting after eating a lot of dairy (sour cream, etc....).

I am just curious.

You also mentioned mycoplasma infection. Has he been on a lot of antibiotics recently?

Did you test for metals? We had a naturopath prescribe a metals chelation for our son and it made me very uncomfortable as she did not test for metals first. I gave it to him one day and then called and asked if I could have metals testing done first. She was not too thrilled with me so I went elsewhere for the tests. Our new Dan doc ran them and they showed he had no metals poisoning at all. He had anemia and was high in copper (coupled together this pointed to probably celiac). For us that was the answer.

I just mentioned the dairy because MANY folks on this board doing elimination diets have seen significant improvement just by removing dairy and the improvement shows within a week. You have a lot going on. This may not be the issue but in the event it is a major trigger it is an easy fix. There are a lot of non-dairy options these days. Our local grocer now sells coconut yogurt and milk, for example. Palm oil makes a good frosting for a cake, etc.....

Caryn

(Who's son used to be dairy free when he had a leaky gut but now eats it again and has no or very low symptoms now for 2 years and counting. All we do is watch what he eats and avoid gluten, wheat, corn, and artificial colors, flavors, and preservatives. He takes normal doses of vitamins and minerals and fish oil. We supplement with vit. D in the winter.)

caryn,

Dr.Chung muscle tested him for mercury and within the pat year I did a test at another dan doctor for mercury. I think it was a blood test I have to pull his folder. Did you do a blood test?????Nick has been dairy free but we started to let him have goat's milk . I didn't see a reaction but maybe there was a build up,,The sour cream was my mom messing up (don't you love that) I just started avoiding soy but not soy lecithan. He tested ok for wheat and corn. We don't do artificial or perservatives and just recently had to drop beef...

I used to find this soooooooo confusing but I feel sometimes that I have a handle on it. I just don't know what that final thing is that he needs to get better. Is it no mercury in his body??? is it raise the glutathione. ???? I seem to have the yeast under control as per acid urine test and Dr. chung.

What testing did you do for your son? Which allergy testing???? thanks so much

abbe

Cheri,

Thanks for your response . We were going to use Chlorella in fact Chung wanted me to start it awhile ago and I didn.t I was scared. I need to check out what is in this new supplement . I don't know why I didn't research it more first I just never thought it could cause a reaction and still don't know if that was it but I am feeling in my gut that it made my situation alot worse. I want Nicholas to do more accupuncture but he is scared of the needles. We only have done 2 so far one in each ankle. Chung uses a laser for the accupuncture points..

I know Nick reacts to the computer and as I understand this is a mercury issue usually. I have tried to read all of Claires old posts.

When I got a dried and live blood test done on him they also thought he had mercury.

The pills that I tried I think affected his GI tract because he usually gets constipated when tics are out and this time he was going to the bathroom maybe more.

What test did you do for your son to test for mercury?

thx

abbe

Cheri,

Hi, my son had a hair analysis done a few months back. We got the results and went and seen my sons ND. I was concerned about the results because on the results it showed that my son levels for Arsenic were at 67% and Mercury was at 67%. Uranium was at 94%. The first 2 were green lines and in the middle of the graph and Uranium was a ride line almost at the end. I asked my sons ND about it and she said not to worry about it. But I have been reading a bit on the austium boards and parent say that mercury levels should be really low. So I do not know what to think about it :mellow: I feel like maybe I should be worried and do some detox but my sons ND said she is not really experienced in detoxing children. Are these levels high enough that I should do a detox? What you do think? Should Arsenic even show up on a hair analysis test? Any thoughts on what to do? Thanks Char..

abbe, have you ever had a hair analysis done to see about mercury before?

Hello,

Just curious how a hair removal is done?

Deanna

abbe,

Ours was a blood and hair analysis. Hair analysis, Dee, is just a 'close to the scalp' snipping of a pretty large section of hair (about a square inch).

Abbe, low glutathione levels could be the culprit. I think when I did my research on it awhile back on this board it was a common find. It is true for our son, too. We have noticed that NAC offers a good boost when he has had an accidental exposure to a toxin. Our son was dxd with pyroluria too, and low glutathione is common with that condition.

I agree with Cheri, too.

Yes, I think that the sour cream could have triggered it if it had chemicals and if his dairy intolerance is severe. My son was very reactive in the beginning before we got his gut into balance. The slightest thing would cause a wax on. He also had multifocal ticcing. That has all been a thing of the past for quite some time. So hang in there. Just keep telling yourself that it takes time to heal the body and let the wax ons come without too much anxiety. T.S. is a condition you manage, not cure. Finding the balance will take time and if your child senses your anxiety it will rub off. This was so hard for me to learn. I was so obsessed with curing my son that it consumed me. I have a much more balanced perspective about it, especially since we now know what the triggers are and also how to avoid them. Keep the bucket theory in mind and over time you will learn through trial and error what tips it. I remember in the beginning how my son seemed to 'go off the deep end' after eating a yogurt at my mother's house. I remember thinking how insane it was to even think that a yogurt could have caused it, but believing it did at the same time. (Now looking back I recognize the reasons: artificial food coloring, corn starch, and corn syrup.....) But at the time we hadn't even done the IgG food intolerance testing or started the Feingold diet.

I remember reading a bit about mercury chelation back when I thought that metals were the problem. It takes time to rid the body of the metals so there will be setbacks.

The answers are not always cut and dry but with perseverance you may see significant improvements in time as you learn by trial and error. Hang in there.

abbe,

Ours was a blood and hair analysis. Hair analysis, Dee, is just a 'close to the scalp' snipping of a pretty large section of hair (about a square inch).

Abbe, low glutathione levels could be the culprit. I think when I did my research on it awhile back on this board it was a common find. It is true for our son, too. We have noticed that NAC offers a good boost when he has had an accidental exposure to a toxin. Our son was dxd with pyroluria too, and low glutathione is common with that condition.

I agree with Cheri, too.

Yes, I think that the sour cream could have triggered it if it had chemicals and if his dairy intolerance is severe. My son was very reactive in the beginning before we got his gut into balance. The slightest thing would cause a wax on. He also had multifocal ticcing. That has all been a thing of the past for quite some time. So hang in there. Just keep telling yourself that it takes time to heal the body and let the wax ons come without too much anxiety. T.S. is a condition you manage, not cure. Finding the balance will take time and if your child senses your anxiety it will rub off. This was so hard for me to learn. I was so obsessed with curing my son that it consumed me. I have a much more balanced perspective about it, especially since we now know what the triggers are and also how to avoid them. Keep the bucket theory in mind and over time you will learn through trial and error what tips it. I remember in the beginning how my son seemed to 'go off the deep end' after eating a yogurt at my mother's house. I remember thinking how insane it was to even think that a yogurt could have caused it, but believing it did at the same time. (Now looking back I recognize the reasons: artificial food coloring, corn starch, and corn syrup.....) But at the time we hadn't even done the IgG food intolerance testing or started the Feingold diet.

I remember reading a bit about mercury chelation back when I thought that metals were the problem. It takes time to rid the body of the metals so there will be setbacks.

The answers are not always cut and dry but with perseverance you may see significant improvements in time as you learn by trial and error. Hang in there.

Caryn,

all of your comments are right on and I am going to ask Dr. Chung about the Pyroluria. Two quick questions though did you do the hair test through a doctor's office??? And what made you feel your child had ts as compared to just a tic disorder not that it really matters one way or the other. Did ts run in your family at all? tics??

abbe

when we did our hair analysis through a non medical facility---more nutritionist .... our son had no metals which was good but it did show he need b6---- which we find helps him alot. Waiting to do the allergy and food testing to see what happens there... The hair analysis showed just above normal for calcium, low potassium and magnesium.....

Mary

Cheri,

So your saying that I should be very worried and find another ND and do a detox? Should Arsenic even show up on a hair analysis test? I really think I need to find a new ND for my son. However there few to select from where I live. I am so frustrated! :( After your son did a detox, did you retest? IF so, were his levels very low or gone? Any suggestions would be very helpful to me. Thanks Char...

Hi Char

my son did not show high arsenic so that was not treated

he did show high mercury, most likely from my many mercury containing dental fillings when I was pregnant and nursing

we treated and yes, his levels went down dramatically

arsenic levels can show high in kids exposed to it in woodwork, especially wooden playgrounds that may have been treated with it.

just google high arsenic from wood and you will see the dangers

I am not a doctor and so I cant say what is high or low levels of arsenic and at what point they should be treated, but honestly if I got a result showing high arsenic and my doctor simply brushed it off I would ask many questions based on all the warnings about high arsenic and kids

did you watch that youtube video I posted on mercury....seeing what happens to the neurons really drives the point home

Hi Char

my son did not show high arsenic so that was not treated

he did show high mercury, most likely from my many mercury containing dental fillings when I was pregnant and nursing

we treated and yes, his levels went down dramatically

arsenic levels can show high in kids exposed to it in woodwork, especially wooden playgrounds that may have been treated with it.

just google high arsenic from wood and you will see the dangers

I am not a doctor and so I cant say what is high or low levels of arsenic and at what point they should be treated, but honestly if I got a result showing high arsenic and my doctor simply brushed it off I would ask many questions based on all the warnings about high arsenic and kids

did you watch that youtube video I posted on mercury....seeing what happens to the neurons really drives the point home

Cheri,

Thanks, and I will google high arsenic from wood. I have a wooden play swing set in my back yard. I'll have to do some checking!! All of this can be so confusing, Char...

Hey everyone,

Nick is back to being 98% tic free. His dad took him to Hershey park Monday and Tuesday and I saw him Wednesday (he is with his dad this whole week) I ordered the test for pyroulia (i spelled it wrong for sure ha ha). I know at the present time Nick gets no Zinc in a suplemental way. I wanted to order a multi vit. from Kirkman but haven't . I am to confused if I put him on a multi should I adjust the b complex etc. Actually I am not confused my brain is just FRYED. Anyone have an input on finding a multi and also on Zinc in general regarding tics.

abbe