ACN Latitudes Forums

7 years old boy has TS, Mom is heart broken

lele

lele,

i understand your frustration. if your son's tics are triggered by food/airborne/chemical allergies, then look into NAET for allergy desentization. it has been very helpful for us. also, look into craniosacral therapy. it has helped a great deal w/my son's neck tic. both modalities i mention is noninvasive and has helped my son tremendously.

in the meantime, clean up the diet, do the epsom bath & creme, and practice tummy breathing 3-5x a day, about 3 repetition each time. the breathing helps to relax & reset the nervous system. this is not a quick result technique. for us, it took about 3 weeks for us to see some results.

before you try any supplements, it may be worth the while to work w/a practitioner who does muscle testing to see if the body is strong or weak to the substance ( if your child is super sensitive) to avoid aggravation.

if you think allergies is the route you want to take, then i would start w/food, then move on to environmental issues later.

i hope this info helps.

pat

Yes, I am thinking about the allergy test, Pat, do you have any suggestion on wich kit I should start from? Looks like there are so many kits I can choice, and I get lost.

Thanks for helping me

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Lele

do you mean biofeedback or neurofeedback?

my son has biofeedback along with his acupuncture and finds it beneficial all around

but we have avoided neurofeedback as I have heard of some negative reactions to it from other parents. It seems helpful for ADHD and some other issues and I have also heard some reports of it helping with TS, but overall I am a bit wary of neurofeedback

Hi Lele

do you mean biofeedback or neurofeedback?

my son has biofeedback along with his acupuncture and finds it beneficial all around

but we have avoided neurofeedback as I have heard of some negative reactions to it from other parents. It seems helpful for ADHD and some other issues and I have also heard some reports of it helping with TS, but overall I am a bit wary of neurofeedback

Thanks Chemar,

I think it is biofeedback, do you know where can I find this kind therapy, my friend in china told me her son is much better now after doing biofeedback.

By the way, I am thinking about acupuncture, but hard to find the doctor in Richmond, I wish I can get some doctor's help.

Thanks a lot!

lele,

if your son has food allergies, i would ask for a food sensitivity panel test. i always get this mix up, is either IgG or IgE. the test tests up to about 120 food items. at least this will give you a baseline & starting point on food elimination.

if you can find an acunpuncturist, that may be helpful too. i tried it w/my son and it helped reduced his tics but he later developed a fear for needles. he was only 6 back then. i tried it again when he is 8 and still objected to it. both times i saw great tic reduction.

i would also recommend craniosacral therapy for it is noninvasion and is great for kids. it helped my son's neck tic alot.

you know, there are just so many options out there but you got to figure out which direction you want to take. also, everyone's tic triggers are different. start a journal to detail out what are some of the triggers for your son's tics, like time of day, event, food, environment..... and slowly build a case. it is difficult in the beginning, but a pattern will emergy over time.

also, go slow w/ whatever you do and one thing at a time to get a clear picture.

over the course of the last 4 years, i can pin point what causes certain tics. ie. cat dander is one of the causes for facial tics.

i know you are heart broken and sad, but you will find some answers. just be open and keep looking, it will come to you.

pat

lele,

if your son has food allergies, i would ask for a food sensitivity panel test. i always get this mix up, is either IgG or IgE. the test tests up to about 120 food items. at least this will give you a baseline & starting point on food elimination.

if you can find an acunpuncturist, that may be helpful too. i tried it w/my son and it helped reduced his tics but he later developed a fear for needles. he was only 6 back then. i tried it again when he is 8 and still objected to it. both times i saw great tic reduction.

i would also recommend craniosacral therapy for it is noninvasion and is great for kids. it helped my son's neck tic alot.

you know, there are just so many options out there but you got to figure out which direction you want to take. also, everyone's tic triggers are different. start a journal to detail out what are some of the triggers for your son's tics, like time of day, event, food, environment..... and slowly build a case. it is difficult in the beginning, but a pattern will emergy over time.

also, go slow w/ whatever you do and one thing at a time to get a clear picture.

over the course of the last 4 years, i can pin point what causes certain tics. ie. cat dander is one of the causes for facial tics.

i know you are heart broken and sad, but you will find some answers. just be open and keep looking, it will come to you.

pat

Thanks Pat. I don't kno why my son's tics more and more tics, and several new motor tics show up without any reason, he started TS just for 6 months, I am worry about what can I do if it is out of control, so worry, I don't want to start med.

It is really late but can't fall in sleep. my son's tics were mild during the past, but they were suddenly really bad and lasting for 2 weeks, 15 different tics came together, and got really worse when he was reading or playing outside, but he looks really good when he is eating the dinner. his tics from neck jerking, eye rolling, arms lifting,jaw ticcing, clearing throat ................even bending his upperback, but he doen't show any sign of behavior problem as OCD or ADHD....

I am so panic since he had TS for just 6 months and progressed as fast as this , I can't imagine what will happen when he is 8. my heart crashed

again and again

we did everything we can try, take a food record, test for PANDAS, but we are ending up with nothing. we tried epsom salt, kids calm, Vb6,Vb12,.....we are waiting for the test result from the ELISA/ACT and I don't know what to do to deal with it more

I have a strong feeling there must be some reason caused those non stop ticcing, but can't figure it out, any one has any experience or suggestion? I appreciate your comments and insight.

lele,

I don't remember offhand, did your son have any vaccinations recently this year? did he get the flu shot this year?

Have you tried removing a food category such as dairy? (milk, cheese, ice cream).

I think you should try the TS vitamins by Bonnie Grimaldi, some have had some good success within days of trying these vitamins, including her own son, who has ts and she formulated these vitamins thru researching. you could read about it here?

http://www.bonniegr.com/

I know this is hard, but he may calm soon. have you had any testing done thru aneurologist?

Faith

lele,

I don't remember offhand, did your son have any vaccinations recently this year? did he get the flu shot this year?

Have you tried removing a food category such as dairy? (milk, cheese, ice cream).

I think you should try the TS vitamins by Bonnie Grimaldi, some have had some good success within days of trying these vitamins, including her own son, who has ts and she formulated these vitamins thru researching. you could read about it here?

http://www.bonniegr.com/

I know this is hard, but he may calm soon. have you had any testing done thru aneurologist?

Faith

Hi Faith,

thanks for your kindly help. I can't find any clue to figure it out, no sick, no shot, no,,,,,,,,eveything is same. I have never heard any kid has more than 15 tics at the same time, that really scared me, maybe I need to make an aapt. with the neurologist for MRI or CT.

I will try the TS vitamins by Bonnie Grimaldi, hopefully it will help

Lele

lele,

yes, I think you shoud see the neurologist and insist on some further testing and see what they think. maybe ask them to check fo lyme disease? maybe its a stretch, but I have heard of this causing tics symptoms. I don't know much about it, but maybe you could do a search.

regard,

Faith

I echo the use of the Bonniegr supplements. We had limited success with other natural treatments. Things would improve temporarily, but then always return. My son is 10 and we started on Bonnie's TS Control and TS Mag Taurate in August of this year right before school started. It was our last ditch effort before neuro meds. I saw almost immediate results after starting the supplements (w/i 4 days) and things were at their worst when we started (cussing, echoing, very vocal). Within the same week he was nearly without tics. We enjoy a relatively normal TS life now. Yes he tics, but they are very controlled and not interfering with his life. I don't want to give anyone false hope with this info. I've never given my son prescription meds for TS and have always tried to follow a natural healing path thanks to the suggestions on this forum. My opinion, Bonnie's vitamins ROCK!

I hope you find the path to help your son. It is a roller-coaster, but you are in a good place to get support. I could have never done it without the words of wisdom on this forum.

Have a blessed holiday.

• 1 month later...

Hi Friends,

Happy new year!

Just came back from China, it was a wonderful trip, my ds had a really good time, he was spoiled by the grand parents.

Since my ds's tic was really mild in China, I didn't pay too much attention on that. Once we came back, his tics come back too, well, I will pray for him and keep hpoing tomorrow is another day.

welcome back lele and glad it was a good trip

if your son's tics seemed to return after you got home you may want to strongly consider that you have some major trigger in your home environement

some things to investigate:

do you have a lot of arsenic treated wood in the home? (cabinets, floors, wall covering, doors etc)

do you have new carpeting? (usually high in formaledyde)

is your water supply heavily chlorinated?

and most importantly, is there a chance there may be areas of mold in the home?

there are many other portential environmental triggers but those are some that come to mind as anecdotally reported here in the past as potential tic triggers

what about diet? is he eating something here that he didnt eat there?

Hi lele,

happy new year to you. so glad to hear that that you had a nice trip and didn't have to worry so much like before. that is interesting that the tics started again when you came home? was it right away? how long later? could it be the change in the type of food you ate in China and here?

let us know how he does.

regards

Faith