ACN Latitudes Forums

Residential Treatment Programs?

Hi:

I spend most of my time on the PANDAS forum but wanted to get some guidance from the "OCD gurus." Our son (13) has been diagnosed with PANDAS. His last major exacerbation (3/29/09) caused a massive spike in OCD symptoms to the point where he is utterly crippled by it in every aspect of his life right now. We've been trying CBT therapy with a local psychologist who specializes in OCD and anxiety, but it hasn't been going well. The therapist has warned us that we may need to consider an intensive residential treatment program to help our son overcome this.

Just wondering if anyone here has had experience with this type of program in general for an afflicted child / teen? And in particular, has anyone heard anything (good or bad) about the Alexian Brothers Hospital (Chicago) or Rogers Memorial Hospital (Wisconsin) OCD treatment programs?

Very grateful for any advice or experiences you can share. Thanks!

• 6 months later...

[

Hi, I am a new member here. I have a 14 yr. old daughter who was diagnosed with OCD in Mid March of 09. She soon became agoraphobic, refusing school and only willing to go out of the house every 7th day when she could shower. We took her to Rogers on 10/16/09 and she stayed till 12/11/09. It was a very positive experience for her and she learned many coping skills. The hard part now is she needs to make that leap into taking control over her OCD. I highly recommend Rogers, very caring, supportive place. She was in the younger program for 8-13 kids.

Good luck.

quote name=Worried Dad' date='Aug 21 2009, 12:12 PM' post='36536]

Hi:

I spend most of my time on the PANDAS forum but wanted to get some guidance from the "OCD gurus." Our son (13) has been diagnosed with PANDAS. His last major exacerbation (3/29/09) caused a massive spike in OCD symptoms to the point where he is utterly crippled by it in every aspect of his life right now. We've been trying CBT therapy with a local psychologist who specializes in OCD and anxiety, but it hasn't been going well. The therapist has warned us that we may need to consider an intensive residential treatment program to help our son overcome this.

Just wondering if anyone here has had experience with this type of program in general for an afflicted child / teen? And in particular, has anyone heard anything (good or bad) about the Alexian Brothers Hospital (Chicago) or Rogers Memorial Hospital (Wisconsin) OCD treatment programs?

Very grateful for any advice or experiences you can share. Thanks!