ACN Latitudes Forums

Hair Anaysis Back

Well I got our sons hair analysis back. No metal toxins, which is good. High Calcium low Potasium were shown. Calcium and magnesium intake are not inbalance. That was the big things. I haven't called to set up the appt. but the viatamin plan is 200.00 for a 90 day program and during that time the foods that he is not to have is unbelievable...He is told not to have just about every dairy thing...milk, yogurt, all cheeses, margarine, butter, no peanut butter, cocoa, cakes, cookies, candy, soda, juices, white bread, soy flour, sugar, yeast, and the list goes on and on....... He is about wild with this. I need to talk to them and check into this more.... Also sent to doctor to see his take on it.

I give him magnesium wonder if i should stop if it is what is messing up the calcium in his system????? So confusing!!!! Well just wanted to share what i found out.

Mary

Well I got our sons hair analysis back. No metal toxins, which is good. High Calcium low Potasium were shown. Calcium and magnesium intake are not inbalance. That was the big things. I haven't called to set up the appt. but the viatamin plan is 200.00 for a 90 day program and during that time the foods that he is not to have is unbelievable...He is told not to have just about every dairy thing...milk, yogurt, all cheeses, margarine, butter, no peanut butter, cocoa, cakes, cookies, candy, soda, juices, white bread, soy flour, sugar, yeast, and the list goes on and on....... He is about wild with this. I need to talk to them and check into this more.... Also sent to doctor to see his take on it.

I give him magnesium wonder if i should stop if it is what is messing up the calcium in his system????? So confusing!!!! Well just wanted to share what i found out.

Mary

Mary,

Hi, how is your son doing? Your son has intolerances to all those foods, was that from doing the allergy testing? Char...

Hi Char

I am not sure if it is per say an intolerance or because his calcium level is high and it is not absorbing into his system correctly. We have not do the food testing yet, just the hair anaysis....have to talk to her and see what it all means. I don't think it is saying that he can never have them but just through the 3 month program, but again need to talk to her.

He is doing good... a bit better then 2 months ago, not as good as 3 months ago. He had started up this summer with a vocal hmmm sound and some motor tics...the motor pretty much stopped all except an eye lift which happens normally with the hmmm sound. He can control it but doesn't like too...but in church or when he has to be he is...but not for too long of a period of time.

Mary

Mary

Mary,

Hi, how is your son doing? Your son has intolerances to all those foods, was that from doing the allergy testing? Char...

Hi Mary,

I'm just wondering, how accurate are these hair analysis supposed to be? for some reason, I am under the impression it is not an absolute measure for metals and deficiencies. I'm thinking if you read up on this type thing, what does finding these things in the hair really mean? Is it a direct reflection of what is in the body? or is it what is coming "out" of the body, thru the hair? So if there is showing high calcium, does that necessarily mean it is high in his body? OR is it coming out high and showing high in the hair, thus meaning that it is actually low now in the body? don't really know much about this, but I recall reading some where or hearing from one of our docs that hair analysis is not really an accurate testing. sorry to bring this up and confuse. Also, regarding the metals,.. is it showing no metals because they are not coming out? if one had high metals, would it show? and also, doesn't the hair have to be a certain age old, like does it have to be older hair from the bottom or newer hair from the root? Just curious, again, because I've never had anyone suggest hair testing for us.

What type doctor ordered this? If you say you will run by this dietary with your doctor, meaning regular pediatrician, I'm pretty much betting he will not agree with this, unless he is on board with naturopathic medicine. I'm guessing since the calcium reads high, then you are to restrict dairy (calcium) intake? or is that to minimize tics becuse dairy is high allergen? I know when we saw a naturopath a couple years ago, that was her recommendation, to restrict all dairy and go with soy or substitutes instead. I think it would be good for you to try that anyway, because of the vocal sound you say he makes, it could very well be that dairy is a big trigger for that. So if nothing else, it would be a good trial to see if it helps that tic. I always suspected dairy for my son's vocal, and while I do my best to keep it out, his vocal persists in some capacity. recently I was giving him more diary (ice-cream, yogurt and cheese) because I am trying to once again restrict corn, so was giving more of the other so he could have something to eat, lol, but even with a ice-cream from trader joe's that I thought was ;pretty pure, I could swear his vocal kicked up but good after eating it. it happened several times, so I took that ice-cream away a few days ago, and he is quieter. again, its never absolutely quiet, but that obvious loud non-stop vocal at least has calmed, where I'll just hear it once in a while during the day, here and there or in little bouts. One would think I'd have it all sewn up by now, but I'm still learning. With this dietary that you are about to follow, now you understand why I can't go at it for too long, and my son eventually caves in. he is way too skinny to restrict this stuff forever. B)

Now just to mention what I know about magnesium, is that you don't want to give too much calcium because the calcium prevents absorbtion of the magnesium. that is why they say 2:1 or 1:1, the reason is that calcium should not be way more than the mag. I think its okay to not even supplement with calcium when giving mag if they are getting calcium thru foods.

And then I could be all wet!! :P

Faith

Hi Faith

First on the hair...I was to take it at certain places in his head and close to the roots...so I am guessing the type of hair counts. My sil went and she and her family had it done and it did show a metal in them... It is all confusing to me.... Our ped. is understanding and believes in trying other things...chiropractic....when we went to the healer... ect. So i do trust his opinion.

We were even to restrict soy flour from him...so does that mean soy is a problem??? Again...all too confusing!!!!! If I could find him a milk substitute he would like it would make cutting out dairy alittle easier....but still hard since we love to bake with cheese.... We use Breyers ice cream for him... never found Trader Joe's.

Thanks for all your insight!!!!

Mary

Hi Mary,

I'm just wondering, how accurate are these hair analysis supposed to be? for some reason, I am under the impression it is not an absolute measure for metals and deficiencies. I'm thinking if you read up on this type thing, what does finding these things in the hair really mean? Is it a direct reflection of what is in the body? or is it what is coming "out" of the body, thru the hair? So if there is showing high calcium, does that necessarily mean it is high in his body? OR is it coming out high and showing high in the hair, thus meaning that it is actually low now in the body? don't really know much about this, but I recall reading some where or hearing from one of our docs that hair analysis is not really an accurate testing. sorry to bring this up and confuse. Also, regarding the metals,.. is it showing no metals because they are not coming out? if one had high metals, would it show? and also, doesn't the hair have to be a certain age old, like does it have to be older hair from the bottom or newer hair from the root? Just curious, again, because I've never had anyone suggest hair testing for us.

What type doctor ordered this? If you say you will run by this dietary with your doctor, meaning regular pediatrician, I'm pretty much betting he will not agree with this, unless he is on board with naturopathic medicine. I'm guessing since the calcium reads high, then you are to restrict dairy (calcium) intake? or is that to minimize tics becuse dairy is high allergen? I know when we saw a naturopath a couple years ago, that was her recommendation, to restrict all dairy and go with soy or substitutes instead. I think it would be good for you to try that anyway, because of the vocal sound you say he makes, it could very well be that dairy is a big trigger for that. So if nothing else, it would be a good trial to see if it helps that tic. I always suspected dairy for my son's vocal, and while I do my best to keep it out, his vocal persists in some capacity. recently I was giving him more diary (ice-cream, yogurt and cheese) because I am trying to once again restrict corn, so was giving more of the other so he could have something to eat, lol, but even with a ice-cream from trader joe's that I thought was ;pretty pure, I could swear his vocal kicked up but good after eating it. it happened several times, so I took that ice-cream away a few days ago, and he is quieter. again, its never absolutely quiet, but that obvious loud non-stop vocal at least has calmed, where I'll just hear it once in a while during the day, here and there or in little bouts. One would think I'd have it all sewn up by now, but I'm still learning. With this dietary that you are about to follow, now you understand why I can't go at it for too long, and my son eventually caves in. he is way too skinny to restrict this stuff forever. <_<

Now just to mention what I know about magnesium, is that you don't want to give too much calcium because the calcium prevents absorbtion of the magnesium. that is why they say 2:1 or 1:1, the reason is that calcium should not be way more than the mag. I think its okay to not even supplement with calcium when giving mag if they are getting calcium thru foods.

And then I could be all wet!! :P

Faith

we found hair analysis to have a very close correlation to what the blood/urine tests also showed. where I do feel the hair analysis is more guidelines, for us it was a pretty accurate one

I would be cautious tho if they are trying to push their vitamins/supplements on you as that can often be a whole lot more expensive than buying the same things on your own by shopping around for good prices (usually iherb's are lowest)

often food restriction is temporary......it's a method of elimination then gradual re introduction to find offending foods. But usually these are done one food group at a time rather than all together

thankfully my son is only intolerant to artificial (chemical) food additives and not to whole foods, but when he did food elimination, we were able to substitute goat's milk products for cow's and that made it a lot easier

if your child eats a lot of dairy that could also explain the higher calcium levels.

Personally I wouldnt stop the magnesium.

what confuses me is that he has always eaten dairy as he wanted and the vocal is not always there. Actually the vocal only ever started last summer and went into the fall and not sure if it was when the topamax started or even a bit before that but it was all gone until about June this year...so could it still be caused by a food intolerance.

Mary

we found hair analysis to have a very close correlation to what the blood/urine tests also showed. where I do feel the hair analysis is more guidelines, for us it was a pretty accurate one

I would be cautious tho if they are trying to push their vitamins/supplements on you as that can often be a whole lot more expensive than buying the same things on your own by shopping around for good prices (usually iherb's are lowest)

often food restriction is temporary......it's a method of elimination then gradual re introduction to find offending foods. But usually these are done one food group at a time rather than all together

thankfully my son is only intolerant to artificial (chemical) food additives and not to whole foods, but when he did food elimination, we were able to substitute goat's milk products for cow's and that made it a lot easier

if your child eats a lot of dairy that could also explain the higher calcium levels.

Personally I wouldnt stop the magnesium.