ACN Latitudes Forums

Echinacea

When my husband went to the Health food store to get some supplements that were recommended by a ped. psych.--the workers there told him to avoid immune boosters if she has an autoimmune disease....

Of course when you consider it was not a doctor who advised this....we just filed it away in our brains...not really sure if we believe it or not...we really haven't looked into it much...

Is anyone giving their kids Echinacea to try to prevent strep? Since my son is not on proph antibiotics, I am trying to find other ways to ward off strep.

When my husband went to the Health food store to get some supplements that were recommended by a ped. psych.--the workers there told him to avoid immune boosters if she has an autoimmune disease....

Of course when you consider it was not a doctor who advised this....we just filed it away in our brains...not really sure if we believe it or not...we really haven't looked into it much...

Do you know what other immune boosters would be? I was looking at Monolaurin today. It says it's an anti-microbial agent to protect the immune system.

Susan

Do you know what other immune boosters would be? I was looking at Monolaurin today. It says it's an anti-microbial agent to protect the immune system.

Susan

No, I don't know...but this is the website for the store that we go to...you may be able to contact them with your question.

http://www.naturesgardenonline.com/retaile...QU61NERL9MTECUF