ACN Latitudes Forums

facial and eye tics are back like crazy!

crazy

My sons tics are non stop. I don't know how he can see anything with all the blinking. His whole face shifts while he blinks. I have been watching other people watch my son and they just stare! He says he doesn't care and prefers not to go to anymore doctors. It is killing me! My son is highly intelligent and athletic and I'm afraid no one will take him seriosly. School starts in less than 2 weeks and I'm worried how kids will treat him! He take 45mg of Topamax (I don't think it helps), multi vitamin, magnesium, B6 P-5-P, and Acelty L carnitine. Should I increase the topamax, up a supplement or try something new. I want to get him in therapy for coping skills but he is not willing because he says its for crazy people and like he said he's done with doctors. His diet is not fabulous but I have never notice anything to be a trigger other than stress. I really could use some advice! Anything please! I do think I'm going crazy! People tell me that I am such a calm, level headed person, If they only new I'm losing It! :)

crazy,

So sorry to hear your having such a hard time. I know first hand how it feels, not knowing how to help my sons tics. But I can tell you when my sons tics start to increase, I try to clean up his diet and give him an epsom salt bath. The bath seems to help calm him down a bit. Have you ever got a IGG test done on your son? I got one done for my son and the food he's intolerant to came up. If he has these foods his tics get worse. So I try really hard to avoid them. Also you might want to get an OAT test done and see if your son has a yeast or other problems. Others on this forum have said that acupuncture has really helped their tics.I have not tried this with my son yet, but I may try in the future. I really understand how you feel. Sometimes I wonder if I am ever going to find that one thing to really help my sons tics. So I continue to try to find something to really help my son. I feel so frustrated most days. But I look at my son and how special and how much I love him. And I know I must continue to try and not give up. If you ever need to vent, give me a shout and leave me a message. It really does help me to talk with others who are going through the same things and to know I am not alone. I hope things clam down soon for your son. Char:)

Hey crazy, I should have chosen your 'name' b/c that's how I feel most of the time! Just wanted to remind you that the tics wax and wane(which I know you already know) and that maybe with an increase in magnesium/epsom baths and some GABA increase you could minimize the tics???? I don't know what's worked for you in the past but we have to up the B6 and magnesium to see the tics relax, they never ever go away.

We've had some really terrible waxings over the past year but they don't seem to last more than 2 weeks or so. As a matter of fact, the vocal that he's had recently has just died down since yesterday and I'm still trying to figure out what we did right or wrong and what triggered it in the first place last month? I know it's hard for you b/c school is starting soon so I'll be praying that his tics wane for him and that you can get his supplements balanced to help minimize the tics. By the way, how old is your son?

Bonnie

Hi girls! Thanks for the encouragement. My son is 9. We have again started epson salt baths again. He really hates sitting in the bath. I don't notice any change by giving him a bath. Right now by mouth I give hime 220mg of magnesium and I think their is 25 mg. in his multivitamin. We have begun allergy testing with an environmental physician. so far he has a mild intolerance to 2 molds and house dust. I was convinced he would have environmental allergies. The food testing begins next Monday. They will begin by testing 5-10 basic foods. He is really hating all of this. He says he doesn't mind the tics (I know he does). I give hime 50mg of B6, what is the highest I can take it?

Thanks for the support!

I've been giving my daughter Tic Tamer that I bought last week because hers were pretty bad when we got back from vacation. I knew school was starting today, so I made sure to get it overnighted.

Unless nature happened to reduce them on it's own, it definitely worked. Within a few hours...

I've been giving updates on my thread (it's a few post down right now).

secabo