ACN Latitudes Forums

Hot From the Inside

So my 7 yr old has been complaining that she feels hot inside. Tonight it was her left foot. She said it was hot inside (not to the touch) all the way pas her ankle and stopped. She's also complained of feeling hot inside in her stomach too, maybe other places as well, I can't remember right now....Anyone experience this complaint from their PANDAS kids? Any ideas what that might be about? She's super emotional right now, lots of other strange pains.

She gets a tingly feeling in her stomach when she's contemplating doing something she's scared of (going down the water slide for example) but this is different. Hot like a fever (not a burn) but from the inside.

Susan

This morning it's her shoulder, hot from the inside, bad this morning but is calming down already.

Edit...

I am wondering if it's a reaction to the zith. She's been on it for about 2 months now, I think.

Does she feel the hotness around joints or near joints?

Colleen

I was wondering that too. When asked she says it's in her shoulder (at the joint) her back (all over) and her foot (all over). Do you think it could be the joints but radiating out? She was recently tested for rheumatotid arthritis which came back negative since she does get joint pain. This seems to be less pain though but it is really bothersome to her. We started discussing the concept of a scale from 1 - 10 this morning. After MUCH discussion, she decided it was around a 4 on the discomfort level (1 being not hot and 10 being "let's drive to the ER right now").

Susan

Tonight, she had the hotness again in her leg and some other places but also, her skin was chilly to the touch. She had a headache and felt bad all over, very sensitive and emotional and went to bed early. That's getting to be a normal routine. I'm thinking candida, food intolerances, Celiac, PANDAS symptoms, immune issues of unknown origin. I have a doctor's appt on the 24th with her peditrician but I don't imagine he will have any ideas of what is going on. Maybe he will surprise me. She's seeing a ped neurologist but that's not until December. My plans are to get her to the local immunologist who was recommended to me by mom_md and maybe to see Dr. Latimer. I really have no idea what is the right thing anymore.

I know other children here are suffering more than we are at this time but I'm still worried sick since I don't know what is happening and I'm fearful for the future with no IVIG or PEX as a possibility at this time in the event of more PANDAS episodes.

OK, thanks for listening. Much appreciated!

Susan

I was looking up info for something and I stumbled on a sentence that made me think of your daughter.It was in a study about people who had recurrent strep infections then has a tonsillectomy.

"All of the patients gave a history of sore throat. Many whose tonsils revealed S. epidemicus had cervical adenitis, arthritis or arthritic pains. The removal of the tonsils in these patients resulted in marked clinical improvement. " (http://www.jstor.org/pss/30084659)

I guess strep and arthritic type pain can go hand in hand. So I guess one question is if your daughter still has her tonsils?

I was looking up info for something and I stumbled on a sentence that made me think of your daughter.It was in a study about people who had recurrent strep infections then has a tonsillectomy.

"All of the patients gave a history of sore throat. Many whose tonsils revealed S. epidemicus had cervical adenitis, arthritis or arthritic pains. The removal of the tonsils in these patients resulted in marked clinical improvement. " (http://www.jstor.org/pss/30084659)

I guess strep and arthritic type pain can go hand in hand. So I guess one question is if your daughter still has her tonsils?

Very interesting about the strep and pain. She did have her tonsils out when she was 5 I think. Her tonsils were huge and in really bad shape. She also had her adenoids removed as well since she had sleep apena and they were very enlarged as well. I'll take a look at the article. Maybe it will give me some ideas. I honestly can't remember what shape she was in regarding her pain before she had her tonsils out. I do know her behavior improved quite a lot but only for a while. I know when I had my strep when she was a baby, I had a huge amount of pain but I don't remember it being in my joints.

So you think the pain was better because there was less strep or something to do specifically with the removal of the tonsils? I know... I'll go look at the article now! :lol:

She did not complain of being hot tonight but she did feel cold still. I told her she seemed to be doing much better tonight and she said she just was not complaining about it.

Susan

I'm not sure what I'm thinking to be honest. That sentence just stood out to me. Now I know you mentioned in other threads she's having other issues to and that you're upping her antibiotics. It'll be interesting to see if her "hotness" goes away aftre the new dosage after a few days.Definitey something to keep track of.