ACN Latitudes Forums

Vaccination refusal info

Ok. I have always vaccinated my kids (naively trusting the system). They have all/most of the "important" ones. I don't think I will let them have any more for quite a long time. (one due to pandas, the other also having some medical issues). Does anyone know where I find the rights/requirements for my state (well Washington, DC actually). I am told to speak to the school nurse, but would like to know my rights before I do so.

BTW, I think the only thing required of my kids this time round is HepB. Not getting it, or any type of flu/ swine flu vaccine.

PS: My pandas dd had the flu mist about 2 weeks after a typical bout of strep throat. (This was about 8 weeks before onset of pandas). I don't know if there is a connection- but I think about it alot.

Thank you.

btw...flu mist is a live virus. It may make symptoms worse. I am ridden w/ guilt that my son got it last year during an episode. We didn't know he had strep at the time and we didn't know he had PANDAS yet. We found out 3 days after he got FluMist.

Im not sure if this will help but my son has an egg allergy his doc said he cant have anymore immunizations because they all have eggs in them so try the allergy route

To my knowledge. my son only has seasonal allergies, no food like eggs. I live in OH and can take a philosophical exemption. I think he's caught up on immunizations for school right now so I don't have to worry about it right now. Or, at least I hope he's caught up. I'm concerned about the possibility of swine flu shots given at schools...if that happens.

Many articles here today that I think others would be interested in reading. I pasted excerpts from just a few below

http://www.vaccinationnews.com/

http://www.naturalnews.com/026818_vaccinat...lu_vaccine.html

Preliminary Injunction to Halt Mandatory Flu Vaccination in the U.S. Has Been Issued

http://www.smh.com.au/environment/annual-v...90810-efms.html

Annual vaccinations could be harmful: vets told

On August 1 the Herald published a story in which veterinary academics warned Australian pet owners they were over-vaccinating.

Since 2007, the international association has recommended that core vaccinations - for canine parvovirus, distemper and hepatitis in dogs and feline calicivirus, herpesvirus and parvovirus in cats - be administered no more than once every three years, and less frequently if possible.

Annual vaccinations for these diseases were unnecessary medical intervention, the association ruled, and exposed an animal to more risk of an adverse reaction. Recent research has also pointed to links between over-vaccination and injection-site tumours in cats and immunological diseases in dogs.

* ►August 10, 2009 - Avian Influenza Strain Primes Brain for Parkinson's Disease - St. Jude scientists report flu infection leaves brain more vulnerable later in life - press release - St. Jude Children's Research Hospital via PRNewswire-USNewswire - "'This avian flu strain does not directly cause Parkinson's disease, but it does make you more susceptible,' said Richard Smeyne, Ph.D., associate member in St. Jude Developmental Neurobiology. Smeyne is the paper's senior author. 'Around age 40, people start to get a decline in brain cells. Most people die before they lose enough neurons to get Parkinson's. But we believe this H5N1 infection changes the curve. It makes the brain more sensitive to another hit, possibly involving other environmental toxins,' Smeyne explained. Smeyne noted the work involved a single strain of the H5N1 flu virus, the A/Vietnam/1203/04 strain. The threat posed by other viruses, including the current H1N1 pandemic flu virus, is still being studied."

Comment: If so, does the body distinguish between vaccine strains/doses and full-blown infection re: influencing Parkinson’s?