ACN Latitudes Forums

leg/knee pain

chap

hiya

I am still trying to piece things together in regards to my daughter, and still unsure as to whether she fits into the category of pandas or tourettes.

At the advice of forum members Ive taken a look at the PANDAs Network webpage and was suprised to see under the Family History table (of case studies) that many of PANDAs children have a history of leg pain. Can anyone shed some light on this for me?

My little girl has had leg pain at night for as long as I can remember, often waking at night between 3 -4 times per week in horrendous pain with it. We have never connected it with the tics, but have had other tests (xrays,GP & paed appointments) to try and resolve it (we've always just been told that its probably 'growing pains')

thanks

chap,

is it real pain, like it hurts, or could it be jittery, such as restless leg syndrome? I often have that at night, my legs feel agitated and I must move them around. It is said that restless legs is related to ts.

Faith

Hi Faith

thanks for your reply.

Nope, its real pain, not restless legs. rolling around on the floor pain! I know shes not putting it on too, because on the occasions that we've given paracetmol shes much improved in 10minutes.

chap

Hi - My daughter also gets knee pain and sometimes her leg hurts. In fact the other day she was wearing(I forgot what it is called)

knee support. My daughter was in track before the tics and she was fine. When she got the tics that year her knee started hurting. Her knee hurts now if she walks alot. I definetly think there is a connection with the tics. My daughter does not have panda's. I hope you find the answeres you are looking for. I find it so frustrating going to doctors because they don't see the whole picture and they look at you like you are nuts. You said pandas has a history of leg pain. I know my daughter had a blood test for panda's and it came out fine. I lent my book( Shelia Rogers) out so I can't check. If I remeber correctly she said it was common for aches and pains but I don't remember specifictly if she mentioned leg and knees. Did you try Natural calm with Magnesium. I could not get my daughter to take it she is very picky but alot of kids on this forum take it with know compliants. You can put it in search box. Good luck I understand completely.

My son gets pain behind his right knee EVERY time he has a fever. Always the same leg. Only with a fever. When the fever breaks, the pain subsides. The origin of the fever doesn't seem to matter. On one occasion it was a bad cold that his sister had too. On another, it was a stomach flu that the whole family had concurrently.

Inflammation and pain could be a sign of mycotoxins. Google mycoplasma infection and mycotoxins.

Doug Kaufmann's work on this subject is phenomenal. http://knowthecause.com/Home/tabid/36/Default.aspx

This is similar to a candida diet. There are thousands of mycotoxins.

My girlfriend is doing his diet for lupus and scleroderma. She went with me to the conference and heard him speak. She has lost 35 lbs and has no joint pain and feels great.