ACN Latitudes Forums

tics and antibiotics

Hi,

Day four of antibiotic It thought I saw a reduction in tics but last night ticing like crazy. I should also note my son is on 25mg of Topamax at bedtime. should I wait a few more days I can increase the topamax but I really don't want to because I do beleive it is PANDAS we see Dr. Latimer on August 5th I am just so confused. He also has a cough don't think its allergies strtept test both negative.

Deanna

Day 4 and seeing a reduction is a very very good thing...it is not uncommon to see a 'saw-toothed' recovery...we did...one day good, one day bad...for us by week 6...tics were gone completely...and have since remained gone...we were lucky and he went back 100% to where he was "before"...but, this is not always the case...for some a 'reduction' is as good as it gets...

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family that your son flies through 'reduction' and gets back to 'normal'...

--Lisa

Thanks Lisa feeling as bad as I do over the last couple days your kind words mean alot.

Deanna

I would probably not increase the Topamax. I would keep him on the lowest dose possible. I did not give my son any medication (except his antibiotic)before we saw Latimer because i wanted her to see him at his "purest". I am glad you are going to see her soon. Hang in there.

Thanks can't wait till next week. will keep everyone posted. thanks for the support.

Deanna