ACN Latitudes Forums

Question about dairy/soy free milk

I drink rice, hazelnut, almond, and hemp milk. I go through basically a box a day in order to get my cacium requirements for my baby, Aiden. Price wise that's like going through a gallon of milk, but a gallon of milk every day rather than once a week. Has anyone found any less expensive options than drinking a box of rice milk, etc. a day. One box only provides 4 cups. I do buy it by the case, but that doesn't save you that much money. So I'm wondering if there are other options that I'm missing out on.

Carolyn

you might consider supplementing Ca, Mg, Vit D supplement. A side note to consider, i was off dairy and using all the box alternatives..almond, rice even a quinoa\rice mix. What I realized is unless it is a cardbord milk container the box containers that do not have to be refrigerated are lined with plastic. Not good if you are trying to avoid BPA's... i went back to milk, i guess its a trade off.

Carolyn,

My Whole Foods just started carrying Almond Breeze in the refrigerated section. It is by the half gallon and has 30% calcium per serving verses the 20% per serving for the smaller box. I was excited to see this b/c we watch my son's calcium intake. It also tastes MUCh better and has to be better with less preservatives. We also like the coconut based yougart (SO Delicious brand) which are high in calcium and magnesium. I also noticed that my WF is carrying coconut based milk (it is in the same line as the yougart), but we've not tried it yet.