ACN Latitudes Forums

It's back

I am at my end. I am waiting for the pediatrician to open again this afternoon to go for our strep test. I am sure strep and PANDAS are back. We have had a good few months, because we ended the year on a six week course of antibiotics. This week, the signs started coming back, none of the clothes feel right, drawers needing to be arranged, and today 3 major rages, and it it only 1:15. Scratching, hitting, screaming (her not me) I am losing it. She is crazy right now, and I'm struggling to keep calm and rational. I hate this. I want my sweet child back. I want to be able to help her calm down, but this stuff is so irrational. Nothing, and everything is setting her off. Sorry, just needed to vent, to people who understand, so I can keep going.

Waiting for the office to open is an awful feeling. What's worse is if they won't give you meds until cultures come back. I've been where you are.Just knowing it's back. Not even needing confirmation. What needs to be your driving force is knowing you've battled it once and got your child back. It WILL happen again. You must believe that or the fight will be harder.

We just got back. She was positive. The Dr. said "Wow, that test turned positive really fast". I know that the crazy child was not really my child, but I was so discouraged to see this again, especially when we have had special time planned this week. It is so hard to not get discouraged when these insane rages take hold, and you are getting hit, and kicked and scratched. Thanks for listening. We've started the first dose of antibiotics already.

We just got back. She was positive. The Dr. said "Wow, that test turned positive really fast". I know that the crazy child was not really my child, but I was so discouraged to see this again, especially when we have had special time planned this week. It is so hard to not get discouraged when these insane rages take hold, and you are getting hit, and kicked and scratched. Thanks for listening. We've started the first dose of antibiotics already.

I hope and pray things get better fast so you can enjoy that special day

You need to realize that you at least recognized it and got treatment quickly. The third time my son had strep, I believe we caught it earlier on than the previous times. We got used to recognizing it. After two meltdowns that including hitting, screaming, etc in a course of day, we went in for the strep test. If it means anything, the symptoms that time didn't get as out of control like they did the first two times. It still took awhile to get better, but he didn't reach the scary low point like he had in the previous occassions.