ACN Latitudes Forums

Chlorella

Guest Guest_efgh

Guest Guest_efgh

Chemar

Can you please tell me how you treated heavy metals for your son? You did a hair analysis and blood test, right? What supplement did you give to him and for how long did you give the supplements to remove the heavy metals (mercury, etc)..

What is your input on Chlorella?

thanks.

hi efgh

we had both hair and blood analysis done.

Our treatments for heavy metal reduction followed the Candida elimination and we were also advised to FIRST boost his immune system with antioxidants (beta carotene, bilberry and grapeseed extract/pycnogenol)

We are also firm advocates of combination accupuncture and biofeedback(resonance) treatment after it had such positive effects during the elimination period. It complimented the supplements and homeopathy by speeding the results up and lessening the detox/die-off side effects. We had previously seen it's benefits in nhelping my son withdraw from the meds

My son was given chlorella and caprylic acid to "mop up" the metals and toxins...we were advised to start off at half dose and build to full as some people do experience nausea from chlorella initially.

In addition, we used excellent products called Antitox...homeopathic drops....

my son was given specific individual ones that cleanse the various organs of toxins.

We also used Colloidal Silver, and I still give that to our whole family.....I have seen very positive effects in all of us from it. We use it for 3 weeks and then 1 week off...suggested by the naturopath to do it that way.

of course, in addition to all this, my son was also given his other supps for tics, OCD and general health.

efgh

with reference to your question re fishoil........

it is almost impossible to know for sure whether anything fish related these days is free of mercury or other pollutants in the oceans....even farm raised fish have been found to have pollutants in them!

I do know that our naturopath warned us to avoid COD LIVER OIL because of high imputity levels.

The Natrol combo I use is mainly flax & Borage oil with blended omega 3 from marine lipids.

It is a fine line to walk and I would go totally with Flax borage and evening primrose were it not for the fact that the fish oil does have specific health benefits.

I did contact Natrol and received a reply that they test their ingredients frequently and do their best to provide the purest products possible.

Chemar/efgh

My son's doctor raised the same concerns on the purity of various oils, including cod liver oil. That is why the brand he recommended (Nordic Naturals) which someone else here uses) is molecularly distilled, and pharmaceutical quality.

Chemar, I hadn't realized that you raised the antioxidants first, as he is doing with my son.

Finally Chemar, I bring up accupuncture with my son a couple of times after you mentioned this and he refused the concept 100%. B) On the positive side, he is swallowing pills easily, so the supplements are no longer a sad battle. Artificial colors is, and he HATES it when I mention this board and other's experience. I have to deal with this factor--he hates fussing. And he never tics without TV, so no focus on that issue, it is just he thinks all this stuff is bologna.

Claire

Hi Claire

i hear you on the kid-resistance factor. B)

thankfully mine is now of an age where he researches himself and, based on the positive results that he KNOWS come from adhering to the treatments and avoidances best for him...he is now very compliant and even an advocate when communicating with other kids.

If your son wont hear of accupuncture...would he maybe consider the biofeedback?

I always forget to mention that the practitioner that we go to usually also does reflexology at the same time....that is a GREAT antitox aid.

Basically, during an 90 min session (cost $85) he starts by asking about symptoms, problems etc, and then places the appropriate accupuncture needles.... and begins the biofeedback by placing the electrodes where required.

While all that is working he begins the foot reflexology and replaces the biofeedback electrodes durin the procedure as required.

When he is done, he removes the accupuncture needles and usually does an application of an aromatherapy oil to end the session.

He is a highly trained therapist who also lectures at our local naturopathic school of medicine and travels nationally and abroad to lecture and attend seminars on accupuncture, biofeedback etc.

I say all this to stress again to anyone considering these alternative treatments that you should ask your naturopath or doctor to REFER YOU to a qualified therapist who uses clinical methods.

There are practitioners around who perform accupuncture in less than sterile environs and who perform it as part of a ritual (for want of a better word) rather than as a therapeutic clinical treatment.

Also need to stress again.....the BIOFEEDBACK that we used is NOT NEUROFEEDBACK...I am somewhat leery of that after investigating the way it is done...at least here in my area.

Biofeedback works on the principle of resonance therapy, whereby a reading is taken of the "unwell" area or organ or system etc and this is then inverted and the "good" resonance is applied to that part of the body to reverse the negative....

it is based on energy fields and is something I probably would have pooh poohed had I not seen for myself how amazingly it works!!!

I actually had it work for me as well as my son....I was a victim of malathion poisening when taking a walk on the beach and without warning being caught in the spray of a pesticide spewing plane that was spraying malathion to combat mosqitoes.

needless to say, this caused me a lot of health problems....but the biofeedback/accupuncture and homeopathic detoxification worked wonders to eliminate the poisons and restore my health. :)

To cut a long story short....

Chemar,

While detoxing, did you have kidney and liver function tests run to make sure there was not an overtaxing of these organs? If so, how often?

Also, do caprylic acid or chlorella pass through the blood brain barrier? I thought I read somewhere that only ALA does this to remove the binded metals from the brain? I was concerned when one of our lab tests recommended supplimenting with ALA because by book by Dr. McCandless states that ALA should only be given after another chelating agent has mopped up most of the peripheral nervous system binded metals. Otherwise, these could be binded to the ALA and move into the brain rather than out. At least this is how I understood it. Any thoughts on this?

GL&L mom,

I too have read Dr. McCAndless' book, and many other doctors as she stress the importance of eliminating mercury from the brain last. Our son's kidneys and liver are taxed right now. This makes me very nervous to continue anymore detoxification.

Jennifer

Our son's kidneys and liver are taxed right now. This makes me very nervous to continue anymore detoxification.

Jennifer

Hi Jennifer

this is where the BIOFEEDBACK and accupuncture are so very helpful as they minmise the detoxification side effects and help to strengthen the organs under stress from the detox.

The ANTITOX drops that my son was given were also very organ specific...so he had the one for kidneys, and one for liver, and one for brain and one for skin etc etc.....

Chemar,

While detoxing, did you have kidney and liver function tests run to make sure there was not an overtaxing of these organs? If so, how often?

Also, do caprylic acid or chlorella pass through the blood brain barrier? I thought I read somewhere that only ALA does this to remove the binded metals from the brain? I was concerned when one of our lab tests recommended supplimenting with ALA because by book by Dr. McCandless states that ALA should only be given after another chelating agent has mopped up most of the peripheral nervous system binded metals. Otherwise, these could be binded to the ALA and move into the brain rather than out. At least this is how I understood it. Any thoughts on this?

Hi GL&Lmom

I posted above for Jennifer re the liver, kidney etc detox and the benefits of biofeedback and accupuncture in this

As far as i know Chlorella and Caprylate dont cross the blood brain barrier. Alpha Lipoic Acid can and I would agree that it should be the last step in detoxing.

My son did not use it but was instead given the antitox homepathic formula called

Cerebretek.

So ALA is Alpha Lipoic Acid, and it crosses the blood brain barrier--whatever that means?

My son was deficient here so he is taking this supplement. What is the risk here, please?!

I will also raise this with his doctor, so much to ask him about!

Claire

Hi Claire

only certain substances are able to cross over from the bloodstream into the brain....this is known as the blood brain barrier and is a natural protection for our brains.

(I have put that VERY simplistically for the sake of explanation)

Alpha Lipoic Acid or ALA is a phenomenal supplement and has numerous benefits!

However, by virtue of the fact that it DOES cross the blood brain barrier and DOES mop up heavy metals, GL&L mom is, IMO, correctly cautious in not giving it to her son UNTIL she has first successfully cleared the other parts of his body of the heavy metals.

The theory behind this caution is that, because the heavy metals bind to the ALA, it could carry those that have bound to it from the other parts of the body (IE peripherally) and then take those INTO THE BRAIN when it crosses the blood brain barrier.

What one ideally wants is to FIRST mop up the metals with chlorella and whatever other treatments are recommended (that is, of course, after eliminating the Candida, and boosting with other antioxidants).....then, once the peripheral system is cleansed, using ALA to go into the brain and mop up the mercury etc there!

I havent read Children with Starving Brains, but i gather this info is mentioned there.