ACN Latitudes Forums

OCD

I personally think that if a parent has it there is a greater predispostion to acquire that. I have an anxiety component with some OCD myself which I see in our son. Nothing major but there for sure.

Deanna

powerofprayer....yes I was told that and also read that many times during my nightly reading.

My Father may have had a tourettes syndrome so that would explain my ocd. It got alot better as I got older though.

Now as an adult I am just really organized...more so than others and my house well.....you could eat off the floors! LOL

I can not stand to have something out of place or to have something that does not have a place.

Still strange though how my brother (being that TS is more common in boys) never displayed anything nor does he now as an adult.

My Father also had two daughters before he married my Mother and neither one of them have any tics or ocd...in fact quite the opposite because I always cleaned their houses for them.

Out of al the kids we had between my 1/2 sisters and my brother, not one of them have ever displayed tics or ocd. Just my daughter!

I wish I could figure out why. I am almost starting to think there is something on my husbands side.

I notice his Mother does a lot of eye blinking and so does my husband. They are almost not noticeable when you are not looking for it but its there. I also noticed that my husband lifts his hand up and does some strange movement...hard to explain it.

So who knows where this came from if it is TS.

Hi myrose

yes, OCD predisposition can be passed on thru generations IMHO

I have OCD tendencies as does my mother. My brother doesnt seem to nor did my dad. My husband and his father tics + OCD

my eldest son mild OCD without tics.....youngest son tics + OCD

I come from a family of 10 and the most any of us had was I was a brother who blinked alot growing up and now he does some shoulder moving and such but that is about it and he gets alot of caffeine in a day so that might have something to do with his moving alot and another brother who drives truck and does some head and shoulder things but we always thought of that from driving his tractor trailer and the jerking it does... My husband comes from a family of four and has a ssiter who is manic depressent, I believe is the term, and his nephew we were told had a few tics he outgrow years ago--will be 18 soon--none of his were as obvious as our son has had. Also his sister did the blinking and minor things that were not very obvious. No one in my family has any signs of OCD or anyother conditions. My husband and i exhibit no forms of tics or OCD as our daughter has no symptons of OCD or tics..... Wish I knew why my son got this so badly....... If it is genetic....wonder where it came from.......maybe all the very mild things just piled up in him.

Mary

mommyof2....

I wish too I could figure out why in the world it apparently hit my daughter and no other kids at all in the whole family.

This is what puzzles me the most. I keep thinking it was something I did!!!!!

The only thing that was different out of all the kids was the number of vaccinations they all received (including my brother and I)

And of course NO ONE got the 9 vaccinations she did at one time.

My conclusion is that she may have had the gene as we all do and instead of remaining in sleep mode....the vaccinations that day woke them all up.

If only I could go back to that day and see if things ended up the same if I did not let them give all those to her at once.

How many shots did your son get? Did the tics and things start after that or before? Just curious...