ACN Latitudes Forums

Doctors we have seen who helped with PANDAS

No guarantees but these doctors follow the DAN protocol. Worth calling- autism doctors are usually familiar with PANDAS.

Carolyn Walker

Prevention & Healing of Iowa

6901 Hickman Rd.

Urbandale, IA 50322

ph: 515-727-4141

fax: 515-727-4848

Jon S. Ahrendsen, M.D.

Wright Medical Center

215 13th Ave., SW

Clarion, IA 50525

ph: 515-532-2836

fax: 515-532-2523

thank you--i will start there!

No guarantees but these doctors follow the DAN protocol. Worth calling- autism doctors are usually familiar with PANDAS.

Carolyn Walker

Prevention & Healing of Iowa

6901 Hickman Rd.

Urbandale, IA 50322

ph: 515-727-4141

fax: 515-727-4848

Jon S. Ahrendsen, M.D.

Wright Medical Center

215 13th Ave., SW

Clarion, IA 50525

ph: 515-532-2836

fax: 515-532-2523

has anyone had any success finding PANDAS help in iowa?

Where about in Iowa do you live? So few midwest posts. We live near Des Moines. A sharp young psychiatrist, Dr. Sasha Khosravi connected our son's "array of dots" and suspected PANDAS. He referred us on to a Dr Stephen Elliot at Blank Children's. After a year of Dr. Eliott's insistence that penicillin WILL WORK (it wasn't-not even Bicillin injections), we ended up in Chicago with Dr. K. I do know that Dr. Khosravi and Dr. K have visited at length not too long ago--I hope our son can "help" trx in Iowa.

Let us know how the other two contacts work out. Dawn

has anyone had any success finding PANDAS help in iowa?

Where about in Iowa do you live? So few midwest posts. We live near Des Moines. A sharp young psychiatrist, Dr. Sasha Khosravi connected our son's "array of dots" and suspected PANDAS. He referred us on to a Dr Stephen Elliot at Blank Children's. After a year of Dr. Eliott's insistence that penicillin WILL WORK (it wasn't-not even Bicillin injections), we ended up in Chicago with Dr. K. I do know that Dr. Khosravi and Dr. K have visited at length not too long ago--I hope our son can "help" trx in Iowa.

Let us know how the other two contacts work out. Dawn

I am sorry. I am not in Iowa. I was trying to inquire about the location of a Dr. T that I read about on this site, out of curiosity if it is Dr. T. Murphey. I don't know how I posted on this thread. I am sorry. I am new to this kind of forum. I hope your son is doing better soon. It is so nice to have a forum like this to talk with other families experiencing similar things. I have felt crazy many times during all of this, wondering is it PANDAS, or is it tourettes/ocd??? What is this? So please keep me upated on how your son is doing!

Though she knows little about PANDAS, our family Doctor in Richmond, Maine, Dr. Catherine Lockwood was willing to listen to me and try the saving Sammy dose of Augmentin XR. Though we've added Dr. Trifiletti to the mix in order to have an expert on board, I will continue to update Dr. Lockwood as to dd's treatment and recovery and she may be able to help someone else in the future.

Angela

Dr Niran Al-Agba at Silverdale Pediatrics

Silverdale, WA

360-692-8588

My kids have only been seeing her for about a month but I am very impressed!

She is very interested in learning about PANDAS and willing to treat with long term antibiotics. She understood the importance of treating quickly and not waiting for a positive strep test.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I'm a newbie but having looked over the list I didn't see any doctors list for Rhode Island. I have to add my son's

Dr. Louise Kiessling- she is a developmental pediatrician out of Brown University and the NeuroDevelopmental Center at Memorial Hospital

We were referred by my son's therapist and only after seeing her, being immensely impressed and helped did I discover that if you do some research on her and PANDAS some of her work is cited as a reference.

She has been thorough, calls us on weekends and at night if we have issues and has worked so well with our family doctor to be sure that all tests and meds will be covered by insurance by coordinating care with him. This coordination has helped to educate him about PANDAS, which he had been skeptical of but now is a full convert and ally in this fight.

• 4 weeks later...
Dr Niran Al-Agba at Silverdale Pediatrics

Silverdale, WA

360-692-8588

My kids have only been seeing her for about a month but I am very impressed!

She is very interested in learning about PANDAS and willing to treat with long term antibiotics. She understood the importance of treating quickly and not waiting for a positive strep test.

Glenn J. Trippe, M.D., F.A.A.P.

New Beginnings Pediatrics

Norwalk, Ohio

http://nbpeds.com/glenn-trippe

He is the Dr who diagnosed my dd just 3 weeks ago with PANDAS.. and though he said she is the 1st case he has ever seen, he is very interested in learning and treating this.. He started her on the long term antibiotic without me even mentioning it.. He is the one who introduced me to PANDAS and told me what it was.. and who is treating my DD at this time.

Darien, CT one hour from NYC. His name in Dr. Denis Bouboulis (an excellent immunologist).

This recommendation is from Coco in this thread: http://www.latitudes.org/forums/index.php?...art=#entry41096

Just wanted to applaud Dr. B. He talked to me the other day on the phone even though my daughter has never seen him. Faxed me lab work orders, suggested ABX to continue until we see him on June 9th-amazing I thought I'd have to wait until fall for an office visit.

Edited by AmySLP