ACN Latitudes Forums

zinc supplement

Both my son & daughter took the zinc solution test and both tested deficient (chalky taste in mouth, no bitter or metallic taste).

Before supplementing, i am wondering is there a complete test on minerals, as i understand, while taking zinc one may also need to take cooper to balance it. I don't just want to take zinc and throw off other minerals such as calcium & magnesium.

My son is 9 and about 67lbs., and my daughter is 7 and about 46 lbs. My daughter has always been small for her age and grows very slowly.

Thx!

Pat

Pat,

How much zinc will you be supplementing with? because for a child, 15 mg. should be sufficient.

When we were seeing our naturopath, she gave us a mineral kit, I think it was called "Body Bio", not positive, but if I'm wrong, I'll get back to you. It was the same type test with all the minerals in an aqua solution, where you taste it and basically if it is bitter tasting, then it would mean you don't need that mineral. Then it came with all the minerals in a liquid form where you would take a certain amount of drops in a little juice. The kit is over $100 tho. You could ask your naturo about it or search on-line.

Faith