ACN Latitudes Forums

Birth weight

Guest Guest_efgh

Guest Guest_efgh

Hi all

Just curious to know if what I have read is true in some of the cases.. (when there is no genetic cause, low birth weight may be one of the causes)...

What about the birthweights of all your kids??

thanks.

My son was 50% birthweight, completely normal.

efgh, we are on a different track now. I think the mercury is the underlying cause. That could have been the thimerosal in the vaccines, or the fillings in my mouth or the tuna I ate when I was pregnant.

Though my mom asked...why did he get toxic levels, and not others?

I talked to a pregnant woman today. She told me they now tell pregnant women not to have tuna. Ah, scientific progress!

Claire

Guest Nancy

I have also been considering all the tuna I ate when I was pregnant as a possible cause. I remember finishing a big project at work the last 3 or 4 months and getting what I thought was a healthy tuna sandwich from the cafeteria almost every day to eat at my desk while I worked. If I only knew then...

Regarding birth weight, my boys were 8 and 9 lbs, so low birthweight wasn't an issue with us.

On the plus side, my son is doing pretty well again. Tics are minimal. but I'm still trying to figure out where to take him for some definitive tests to back up all my theories. I may just have to spend the money to go to Pfeiffer, which is nearby. My sister is taking her son there in May so I'm very curious to see what they say.

Claire, I totally understand your feelings about the weekend. I work at home too, and most nights I'm up late working. I was thrilled to be in bed by 10 last night!

Guest Guest_efgh

Nancy

good to know that your son is doing pretty well. What about your son's allergies these days - is it under control?

thanks.

Guest Guest

Nancy,

What is Pfeiffer? Is your sister taking her son there for any specific cause?

good to know that your son is doing pretty well. What about your son's allergies these days - is it under control?

thanks.

Guest Nancy

efgh,

Just getting to your questions. Pfeiffer Institute is a clinic that specializes in the research and treatment of biochemical imbalances. They do a lot with autism spectrum disorders. There was an article in Latitudes about a really interesting study they did with autism patients. They found that I think 99% of them had a metallothionein (MT) disorder. MT proteins are important for many functions, including detoxification of heavy metals, immune function, development of brain cells and synaptic connections, and regulation of copper and zinc levels. They think that an early environmental insult, such as mercury in vaccines and from other sources, can trigger autism.

That's a little off the topic, but they run all the same sorts of tests to check for metals, yeasts, etc., that the others here have had done. They deal with all the connected disorders, ADHD, OCD, etc. I know someone who took her son there for OCD years ago, and he went from being unable to function normally to leading a totally normal life. He still takes supplements and is doing great.

Anyway, my nephew has some tics, some learning issues, attention issues, sleep problems, etc. I really feel there are underlying genetic reasons in my family that cause a range of these symptoms in many of us. My sister just decided to take him to have everything tested to see what they say. It's expensive, and my HMO won't cover it, but I think we'll probably end up there or somewhere similar too.

As for allergies, my son is doing ok so far. He's been a little congested for the last few days, and I took him back to the naprapath. She muscle tested him and said it's not allergies but a sinus infection from the bad cough/cold we both had for many weeks. I also ended up with a sinus infection, so I'm not surprised. She treated him for it and we'll see how it goes. If it goes away and he doesn't get more symptoms I'll be thrilled to tell you his allergies are gone. We haven't hit April yet, so I'm not claiming victory yet.

I'll keep you posted.

Nancy,

It's interesting to hear that your naturopath did muscle test for your son's allergy. Mine also suggested us to do the test. Would you please share your experience? I appreciate your feedback.

Guest Nancy

Hi Jean,

I've posted some more indepth posts on this before but I don't know how to link them here. If you look back under Neuromodulation Technique you might find them.

Anyway, Neuromodulation Technique (NMT) is what we've used to treat and (hopefully) eliminate my son's allergies. You can read all about it at Neuromodulationtechnique.com. It is a method of muscle testing that "asks" your body to identify faults in your autonomic control system, and then the practitioner tells your body to correct the faults by asking you to breathe in various ways while they stimulate your spine. It's nothing hard or painful, she just uses a gentle karate chop sort of motion down my son's spine. They can also use an electric, massage type of device. NMT is supposed to be much quicker and more effective than, say, NAET. It's still only about a year and a half old, so many people have never heard of it. My son had allergies that I feel made his tics worse and led to sinus and respiratory illnesses. Allergy medicines didn't seem to help that much, and he seems to be sensitive to them. Moodier and more tics. He was treated with NMT last summer and was supposed to be cleared of his allergies in about 6 sessions.

He's done well since then, no fall allergies and very healthy most of the winter. We both caught a bad cold and cough last month that lingered at least 3 weeks. It seems to have gone to our sinuses. As I said, I thought it might be allergies starting up since he's been congested since the weekend, so I brought him in to the naprapath. She muscle tested him and apparently his body said it's not allergies, but a sinus infection. She treated him with NMT, which is supposed to fix the problem. He does seem better today. :) I'm still not ready to declare a complete cure with this, as the next few months are typically his worst allergy season, but I do believe it's helped him.

NMT is used for many different problems, some quite serious ones. Our naprapath said she knows someone who was cured of celiac disease. I've read some really amazing success stories. I'd love to believe anything is really possible, but I'm a strange mixture of hopefulness and suspicion!

Please look at the website. It'll explain a lot. In the meantime, I'm crossing my fingers. I'll keep you posted!

Hi Nancy,

Thanks for the sharing! Now I remember that I have seen the post before. How it's different from NAET? The one that our naturopath suggested is NAET. I'm still wondering if I (and my son) should go for it.

Guest Nancy

Jean,

I don't have any experience with NAET, but from what I was told it's a much slower process. You have to treat each individual allergy separately, which can take a long time. Our naprapath used to do NAET, and she said NMT is just much more powerful and quicker. You can address the group of allergies all together. It still may take a number of sessions to completely clear, but it's still much quicker than NAET.

You can ask your doctor is they've heard of NMT. There is also a list of practitioners on the website if you're interested.

Nancy

Guest Guest_efgh

Nancy, I know you give Carlson fish oil to your son 1 capsule gel thrice a day... Can you please tell me what dosage it is?

I started fish oil for my son today. The label says 1 capsule gel contains 500 mg of fish oil equivalent to 150 mg of omega 3 fatty acids. What does this mean - what is 500 and what is 150 mg? Does that mean, the capsule gel contains other fatty acids also other than omega 3? Please tell me the dosage that you give your son ...

thanks.