ACN Latitudes Forums

Possible People with PANDAS group

I came across this young lady on facebook who is interested in starting a group for People with PANDAS. She is 19 years old, has PANDAS, and is doing great now. I told her I would post on the forums I am in and see if anyone has an older child who would interested in joining such thing. Probably teens and young adults. She would love to touch base with others who have experienced it.

She has yet to set up the group. I think she just wants to know if there would be others intersted before she does so.

I came across this young lady on facebook who is interested in starting a group for People with PANDAS. She is 19 years old, has PANDAS, and is doing great now. I told her I would post on the forums I am in and see if anyone has an older child who would interested in joining such thing. Probably teens and young adults. She would love to touch base with others who have experienced it.

She has yet to set up the group. I think she just wants to know if there would be others intersted before she does so.

I would be interested in hearing about her experience because I have not been able to find much information on what people experience with PANDAS after the teen years. I know everyone is different, but I would like to hear the perspective from someone that has been through this. My son is 10 and it might give him some comfort to hear from someone that is 19 and doing well.

Is it Alyssa?

No, someone else. She's very sweet and very bright. She's even at a point where she can poke fun at PANDAS. She has been strep free and free of PANDAS symptoms for about a year and a half now. She said she has a great life. I feel this would be very helpful for others. I see the forum being a place of optimism and support.