ACN Latitudes Forums

Marshall Protocol

Hello,

I was researching autoimmune disease treatments last night, and came across this link which spawned a whole lot of reading and learing about this method called MP (Marshall Protocol). I have posted a link to the info that gives some basic information. It looks very interesting and promising for people who suffer from autoimmune disease. It's focus is on inflammation caused by TH1 inflammatory disease. Interestly it revolves around vitamin D and that people with autoimmune disease should not take it as it makes the situation in the body worse. It envolves a theraputic probe to see if you have TH1 inflammatory disease first and then treatment with the MP can begin. It also suggests having a D metabolites test specifically the 1,25-D which is the "other" vitamin D in our body, which will detect if the immune system response is TH1 dominant. If that is the case, they say to stay away from vitamin D as it continues to increase the TH1 inflammatory response. That is why they find that people with chronic illness have high levels of 1,25-D. Knowing that PANDAS kids have major issues with inflammation, this treatment aims at getting intracellular bacteria inside people with autoimmune diseases. They can't seem to get rid of it, which ultimately causes the neurological behaviors and damage to their bodies. It involves long term low dose antibiotics and staying away from vitamin D.

I would love to hear from anyone who has checked this out and post comments or knowledge they have with this. IF you google Marshall protocol you'll find a bunch of info. Here is a link that will get you started on some info.

http://www.marshallprotocol.com/forum2/4213.html

Hello,

I was researching autoimmune disease treatments last night, and came across this link which spawned a whole lot of reading and learing about this method called MP (Marshall Protocol). I have posted a link to the info that gives some basic information. It looks very interesting and promising for people who suffer from autoimmune disease. It's focus is on inflammation caused by TH1 inflammatory disease. Interestly it revolves around vitamin D and that people with autoimmune disease should not take it as it makes the situation in the body worse. It envolves a theraputic probe to see if you have TH1 inflammatory disease first and then treatment with the MP can begin. It also suggests having a D metabolites test specifically the 1,25-D which is the "other" vitamin D in our body, which will detect if the immune system response is TH1 dominant. If that is the case, they say to stay away from vitamin D as it continues to increase the TH1 inflammatory response. That is why they find that people with chronic illness have high levels of 1,25-D. Knowing that PANDAS kids have major issues with inflammation, this treatment aims at getting intracellular bacteria inside people with autoimmune diseases. They can't seem to get rid of it, which ultimately causes the neurological behaviors and damage to their bodies. It involves long term low dose antibiotics and staying away from vitamin D.

I would love to hear from anyone who has checked this out and post comments or knowledge they have with this. IF you google Marshall protocol you'll find a bunch of info. Here is a link that will get you started on some info.

At one point, I too, read this information with great interest, but something just didn't sound right to me - its very radical - to the extreme of people not leaving their house during the day to avoid the sun and drastically altering their diet to avoid vitamin D. I ran it by the DAN in Florida. Dr. Bradstreet's team is extremely knowledgeable about all protocols for autism (good or bad) and they confirmed what I suspected - this protocol is very radical and the founder is not qualified to make the assumptions that he is making, and not able to scientifically support them. Everything has been done over the internet and it is not very credible. Google vitamin D council and I think there should be good information supporting the use of vitamin D. I don't use it for my daughter during the summer, but it isn't a bad idea to use it in the winter - maybe 400 to 800 units. Pat

Hello,

I did have to take my daughter off vitamin D -- even though she had very low levels -- because it made her PANDAS symptoms much worse. I tried it 3 different times and each time I gave it to her, the same thing happened. I thought I would try a light box instead. I checked out this protocol and it does seem very radical.