ACN Latitudes Forums

need suggestion on which tests to run

My sons pedi agreed to look in to some suggestions that I might have for testing and asked that i put together some of my ideas and drop them off for him to look over. Then we can decide our next step. He mentioned testing his thyroid - i am only a little educated on the thyroid and wonder if that would be helpful. My brother just got diagnosed with a hypothyroidism, and one of my other brothers has pysoriasis. I beleive there is and immune defieciency in my family and wonder what the best test for my son matthew would be. Im not sure what tests i should ask for. I was thinking an allergy test would be an obvious one. But should I be asking for and FANA test? Is there a helpful test that will cover multiple autoimmune diseases? I need to be specific or he will be very general with his ideas.

thanks for any help.

We are working we our Allergy/immunologist Doctor on our dd's immune system testing. Some things we have tested are her IGM, IGA, IGG with the four subclasses. We are currently awaiting the bloodwork to see if her immune system is actually functioning correctly. they drew seven vials of blood for this so I couldn't begin to tell you what they were.

She has also had a CBC, tested her thyroid, for Lyme's, ASO, Dnase B, Vitamin D, and Kidney function to name a few.